Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Mail!:The First Day

It is tuesday afternoon, and that means Alex has been in the MTC for nearly a week.  And up until now I hadn't heard a thing from him.  I thought his P-day might be Monday, and so I was anxiously checking my email all day long.  Nothing.  I was just so anxious to hear from him! None of my boys or my hubby was too worried about it. "He's fine," or  "He's busy." But I've been DYING to hear something! I guess moms are just weird that way.

But today I found a letter from him in the mailbox!  I am one happy momma.

It was short, but I am so grateful he found the time to write it on his first day.

Here is what it says:

Dear Family, 

The first day was SO overwhelming!  First I had to check in, and then I had to take a bus to the West campus.  Then they rushed us over to our room and then to our class.  Right when I got there the teacher started to speak Spanish.  Then we had an orientation.  Then we had some experiences of a missionary.  Then we met as a zone a did a tour. Now I am unpacking.  We were so busy today!

My companion is Elder Lyons.  He is from Connecticut.  He is also going to the same mission.  I'm leaving the MTC on October 27th.  I share an apartment with 5 others, who are all going to Mexico, but different parts.  

I really miss you guys a lot!  I love all of you.

ADIOS AMIGOS!!!

P.S. My P-day is Wednesday.  This Sunday I am going to the dedication of the Ogden Temple.  That will be so much fun.  

Miss you all.  Love you.


Yay.  Can't wait for his email tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment