Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Monday, November 10, 2014

In a Ditch


Me and a cattle rancher

Hola!

So my week started bad.  I lost all my pictures since I got my camera.  I turned it on and it says “all pictures erased.”  So I was mad. But on Wednesday I had a zone conference about members helping the missionary work and at the end I got your package and dear elders from you of course, and Aunt Shirley and Alysa Whitlock. That made my whole week better! Reading them made me feel good! After the conference we were stuck in Tuxtla because there was a right (riot?) and they won't let anybody leave or come in for 3 hours.  It was fun just sitting around. On Friday I did exchanges with the zone leader so I went to Tuxtla for a day we taught a lot of people but it was a good day. There are 100 members and 100 menos activos  (less actives) here so we try to visit as many less actives as we can. Our church is only two years old, so the church has grown a ton here.

My address is the same as the one you sent my first package. They don’t want you to send it to the member’s home.  It takes two weeks or so to get here, but I only get mail once a month at zone conference. Just snacks for tracting all day will be nice,  like the swedish fish were great for snacking on all day or money will be nice, either or. But I bought my self an awesome birthday present already –  handmade scripture cases. They will be done next week. I will send a pic of them when I get them.

‪We have a few baptisms coming up in a few months.  First is Ricardo. His wife is a member but he is an investigator. And there is Lupita. She wants to get baptized, but her mom won’t let her. Then there is Francisco who wants to, but is busy working.‬
Everyday day we go to a lot of less active recent converts to see how they are doing, and investigators and contacts, so always a busy day and a lot of walking.

Did dad get my phone message before I went on the plane to Tuxtla?

Love you a lot.  I’ve got to email the president and I will send a few more pics.  Tell everyone I love them and miss them.


Me in a ditch yesterday after lunch



No comments:

Post a Comment