Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Monday, April 1, 2019

Derek: 73 Oreos



So not much happened this week, but I'll get straight to it. So Monday we invited the boys over and had a district activity in which we just brought a bunch of random things and deep fried it all. It was pretty good, but my stomach did not agree. I already knew that deep fried Oreos were good, but I had no clue deep fried Milkyways would taste amazing.

So Sunday we had a carnival pass though the town. We saw them prepare for the parade, but we had to leave before we really even saw something. But it was cool to see the Dominicans in their natural habitat: a street party. So the point is that while getting out of a carrito, the Dominican transportation system, I must have lost my phone because we looked everywhere but we couldn't find it. Anyway Tuesday morning I thought I was bleeding internally, but I didn't have a phone. So I walked to the other missionaries’ house to use their phone to call the doctor, but they had no cell coverage. But after a bit of conversation with the guys I came to the conclusion that I wasn't internally bleeding but that only I ate way too many Oreos. True story. Now so my comp and I are just sitting there in our P-day clothes, because we went there before personal study. But anyway, the APs walk in right then. That was hard to explain. They told us that none of the phones where working in the whole mission. They gave me a package (thanks mom and dad) and my new phone (but it still didn't work for 2 days straight). So they showed up to send Elder Silvestre to a different area even though he only has 2 weeks in this area. So yeah, that's the story on why I am not a district leader this transfer. 


Other than that, everything went really normal this week and I'm excited to see general conference this weekend as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment