Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

The Life of a Full-Time Missionary


Elder VanBuskirk has his own mini-me!  He even has the thumbs up right and everything!


This week was great because in the mornings it was so hot but in the afternoon or the night it rains for one or two hours. Guess what?  It evens hails here! It is crazy. The rain season starts in May y ends in the early October.

The rainy season is starting
Hail!


Well we had 3 baptism dates for our investigators this week for 23 of May, but they didn’t come to church yesterday, so their date got cancelled. We are so bummed. We worked so hard with them this week but they didn’t come to church. That is the life of a full time missionary. They were Estaban y Mada y Antonio y  Faboulo but when we visit her she was crying because her family wants her back to Hounduras, but we hope not.

 Well Andres came with us on Saturday to find a contact but we looked y looked y asked people but nothing after 2 hours in the sun y no water. So we went to his house y watched Mormon Messages. Then it was time to go to lunch, but I said “after this video.” So we watched it.  Then I asked if we can say a prayer so we did. I didn’t know why, but the spirit told me to say to finish the video y to say a prayer. But the next day he gave a talk in church y said “yesterday I went with the elders to look for a contact y we didn’t find her so we went to my house y watch Mormon Messages, but it was time for lunch. But one elder” (me of course) “said to stay y finish this video so we did. Then the elder asked if we can say a prayer. Well, before we were watching the videos I wasn’t excited to go with them after lunch because of the morning we had just had y I was tired. But the video was my answer to my prayer” y he thanked me for relying on the spirit. So that was cool.

Well we got 2 new investigators. One is Virgina who is 77 years old y her cousin who is 11. Virgin’s son got baptized in Cancun but moved back to his mom y he brought them to church for the last 2 Sundays. We cant visit them because they live 2 hours away but every Sunday after Sacrament we teach them, so that is good.

I’m so happy we got two new investigators y I’m happy being a full-time missionary. Love you all y thanks for the love y support.
Amor always
Elder VanBuskirk
ADIOS!!!!!!!!!

We don’t know if we are going to Skype on Sat. or Sunday y we are two hours from you.

I’m having problems lately with my camera. Like I turn it on y it buzzes y the screen is a blurry so then I turn it off then on, then the same but the third time it is fine.  Or I just hit a few times
y when I look at my photos some of them say question mark read error for some photos.

In my package I will like a new camera case because the one it came with didn’t last long y it was cheap.  If you can ask the Stevens to make their amazing nuts I would be so happy if i get some!  y a USA pin like the Mexico pin I have.

Hey mom, I’ve got to go. Love you a ton. Make sure you say hi to everyone y I love them y miss them.  Make sure frank is reading y praying to know if the Book of Mormon y the church is true everyday.  Love you a ton. Sorry for not writing back y forth but I want to tell you I love you a ton. Thanks for everything.
Love you all. Adios!



Gringos tacos with catsup


Look who wants to be a missionary when he grow s a foot or two?
 Alex' Mexican mini-me.

Even the baby got to wear the tag, and the sleeping dad.
I wonder if he has any idea this picture was taken?





No comments:

Post a Comment