Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Monday, April 27, 2015

Paisley Ties are Dangerous!


Hi everyone.

Well this week was alright. First, I ate pizza at a member’s house y at 1am I threw it all up. Then I had a fever y had to go a lot in the bathroom. The worst part was that day I had to go to a nearby city for a conference, so it was two hours in a convoy. But before I left I took medicine y they gave me a blessing. That day y part of the next I had a fever, then for two days my stomach was hurting. But now I’m fine. Well the conference was our zone, Comitan, y 2 more. The president of the mission talked to us about Sunday being the day of rest.  Then other missionaries talked about how to be a better missionary.  It was so good, even though I was sick.

Then I got my package from my family y dear elders. Thanks family for my Easter package. Everybody loves my tie. These ties are like gold for us so thanks, especially paisley.‬ If you find paisley ties on sale buy them because everybody loves them like crazy! My mission leader here really wants the tie you sent me. He wants to buy it. These ties are dangerous here‬! I better be careful!  Haha.


Well we taught Fabiloua about the Restoration or the first lesson y we invited her to be baptized. She said yes, but she told us she is not married because it is hard to get married here when you are from a different country.  Y she has a boy y a baby girl.  Well we taught Tonita again about visiting church with her mom y dad who are members, but it is hard for her. She is expecting the baby any week or day now. Well, this Wed. we are planning to go with the bishop to visit our investigators far away. So that is good.

On Sat. y Sunday we had stake conference. It was the worst ever because we couldn’t understand anything because the camera was not the right one.  It was for taking pictures not video.  Y people started to leave because the sound was bad. But I heard somewhat about the Sunday being a day of rest.

We are also teaching a man named Ricardo. His wife y his family are members but he is not, so we have been teaching him.  But it is hard because he has brain problems. But we are teaching him.

Well on Thursday we were planning for next week y my companion and both had the same thought. It is so weird. We think the same when we are companions.


This is what 7 months walking on unpaved roads does to shoes because there are a lot of them in Chaipas. The problem is the streets are the worst streets in Mexico because Chaipas has no money, so a lot of roads are not paved.  But I’m proud. The scriptures say how beautiful are the feet of them who publish peace, and I think they look beautiful to me!

So that was my week love you all thanks for total.

Love Elder VanBuskirk
ADIOS!!!!!

I didn’t tell but you good job on the rope, Mom.

I got to go. Thanks for everything mom. I love you a ton. I always think of you y I love you. Say hi to Franky y the boys y tell them to continue working hard y i love them. Talk to you later. Have a good week y be safe. I pray for each one of you everyday. Love you y miss you‬.

Adios Mom!

I know how loved I am. Do you?
adios



 donkeys in the street 


This is Pashton, an area here.

Unpaved roads







 the brown drink was pozol

No comments:

Post a Comment