Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Monday, May 18, 2015

8 Meses!





Well yesterday was 8 months on my mission. Wow!  It went fast!  But I enjoy every minute of it!  Andres’ family had a birthday party for my comp. because Sat he turned 19, y the next day was my 8 months, so they had a cake y balloons y a banner. They are so loving. They invited us over today at 7 pm for pancakes.  1/3 of the way through my mission. It is crazy, I know, but it is crazy fun!


 Well, every day from Friday to Sunday it rained for one hour y yesterday the wind was super strong y it hailed big, bigger than last time.  Good thing is we were finishing lunch when it started y stayed until it was done, but it was a lot of rain. It is fresh in the mornings, then in the afternoon it is hot, then either 2 or 3 or 4 it will rain for 1 hour or 2, then it is fresh, then cold at night. The weather is so weird here in Comitan.

We taught Antonio on Friday on the sacrament. We read together 3 Nephi 18, but at the end he said it is the same as his church, the Catholic church. He is so hard to teach. Then we sent a message for an appointment with Fabiola for the afternoon y she answered us back y said it would be fine, but when we arrived in the afternoon, they told us she just left 5 to 10 minutes ago.

 But yesterday the bishop told us a less active family has a son who is named Johny y he is 9.  He is not baptized so we are planning on refreshing him on everything then to get baptized on Saturday or Sunday. We are happy about that. His mom served a mission, but when she got married her member husband didn’t want to go back. But we we’re visiting them about two times a week y she wanted to go back but her husband no. So we told her she is example for her kids she says “I know” y she cried all the time we visited. The spirit is just so strong. One time we visited a day before General Conference but only the oldest was home y we invited him to conference y he said he wants to y he started to cry, but he didn’t come. I just love this family. After all the visits they are finally coming back to church. Yesterday was the first in a long time. It made us feel so good.

With our new area we got some of the hermanas’ investigators like Alba, but she didn’t visit church. These last two weeks we were working so hard y it is coming little by little.

Well yesterday for my 8 months, the bishop wanted us, the missionaries, to talk about the missionary work. It was my first time giving a talk in Spanish y I was not even nervous. When I was done a lot of people gave me a thumbs up y said good job. Our ward mission leader said, “That was what I need to hear. Thanks.” I talked about how the members are missionaries y also they are called by the profetas of God the same as us. That is what President Benson said.

Me and the Mission President's wife.
She wanted a photo and after the interviews they took us for tacos.


On Thursday we had an interview with the mission president. He said he loves me y I’ve changed so much since i got here y I speak more Spanish.

So that was my week. I love all of you. Thanks for everything.
Love Elder VanBuskirk
ADIOSS!!!!!!!!

How is everybody y Franky doing? I’m sorry Franky is leaving sooner. I will pray for him y that his new ward members will watch over him. Prayer y fe y fasting is all we can do. 1 Nephi 14 talks about there is only two churches – God’s y Satan’s. You should read this with him.

Why do you have tears for me? You know I’m fine y God is watching over me!

I love you. I got to go. I love you y say hi to all y give them my love. I pray for all of you everyday. Thanks for everything Mom. xoxoxoxo
adiosss




The green stuff with the meat is fried cactus.
 I had like 5! It was SO good!






We found these stairs going up a whole hillside
and we just had to climb every one of them.



View from the top


















No comments:

Post a Comment