Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

It Hit Me: I'm About to Finish My Mission


Well from today I only have 3 months left. I really wish that was true, but no I only have 3 weeks left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO!!!!!






Well, this week I had my last zone conference on Friday. It was so full of the spirit y I learned to have fun y work my hardest my last 3 weeks that I have on the mission.





Click Here 
to see a video of Alex' last testimony in Spanish.

 Well a tradition here in the mission is when it is your last zone conference you need to bear your testimony. First I was fine y all the sudden it just hit me that I’m about to finish my mission y I’m missing only 3 weeks y of course because of the Holy Ghost I cried. Well a lot of people told me afterwards that they really loved my testimony. Then we as elders put our hands on each other shoulders y sang “God Be with You ‘Til we Meet Again” So yes, I had my last conference. I really enjoyed it y loved it.

 Well we can’t teach Sister Peniel this week because she was out of town, but will be back this Tuesday. Well we were able to visit Rodolfo y his wife Vicky.  Rodolfo went to church last Sunday y his wife went yesterday. Vicky said she really liked the calmness that was there y that everyone is loving  or that they are a big family. Well yesterday we taught them both on baptism y then we asked if they wanted to get baptized on the 10th of September y they said yes.  So we are so happy for them. Well we taught them this week was about tithing with the help of Sister Carla y her boyfriend Alfredo y they are great on helping our investigators. Well Rodolfo reads all the pamphlets that we give to him y when we ask what he learned he says everything about it. Let me tell you, brother Rodolfo is a chosen investigator has no problems y reads all the pamphlets y reads them with his wife y he changed his working day so he can be free on Sundays so y he can go to church. So we just need to work on his wife y teach her. Y the best part is the have no problems of the word of wisdom y they are married. I’m so happy God gave us these awesome chosen investigators before I leave home. We actually got him from a reference from another elder who contacted him at work.

Well we weren’t able to teach Rosario because she doesn’t live in our area, but she will get baptized here in our ward. Well the other elders taught her on the word of wisdom y the gospel of Jesus Chirst. Y she is happy to get baptized on the 2nd of September.

We visited investigator Cynthia where she has been to church more than 5 times y we taught her the word of wisdom y yesterday we taught about the law of chastity.  At the end I tied it up y I said “If you want to be clean all the way you need to get baptized.” So a while back we let her y her husband who is member to pray y think of a date to get baptized but never did. So yesterday I said “we’ll give you time to think” y they said they still don’t know, so me y my comp looked at each other y noded our head. so we said “Cynthia, we can see that you are reading the Book of Mormon more y going to church, so we want to invite you to get baptized on the 2nd of September.” And she said yes y she said she will get ready for it. Then her husband said the last prayer, y this time he open up to us y said “Please bless my wife so that she can get baptized on that date.” We were so surprised y happy to see another blessing in our area, thanks to God.

So on Tuesday I went on divisions with my old comp, Elder Lainez. It was great. I was able to help him be better y he was able to help me. So on Saturday we helped paint a member’s house. It was fun y dirty y that is the type of service I just love in the mission.

 So we have 4 dates for baptism: we have Rodolfo y his wife Vicky on the 10th y Cynthia y Rosario on the 2nd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, love you all. I’m happy to still see a lot of blessings in my last weeks in the mission. Well, love you all y thanks for all the love y prayers, y see you soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
love Elder VanBuskirk or Alex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ADIOSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi mom. I’m on love you.
How are you? What are you doing?
How is it with Johan? Tell him I said hi. Does he like you guys? So what are your plans with him while he is here? What fun things do you have in mind, because I’ll only be home for a while? Bring it on. I want to see all the new things. Awesome.

That’s great. So how are you y the family?
I’m great. Happy y sad that I only have 3 weeks left.
So you got one new boy then you get me right after. It will be cool to have me there after two years, right?
So you sent Nate a box, so does that mean I will have a package when I go home? Okay but it is better if you just give it to me at home. Why, what is it? I know it is my phone y my camera charger.  I don’t need anything else. 



Did you see my hair cut? It wasn’t that long, haha. So when will you cut the boys’ hair? That’s the big question.  But you never let him do have long hair before. What’s happing with my mom? But it is fine. I need to help you a lot when I go home so I can have your normal self again. I can come home y help you like before the mission. See how smart God is? When I go home I will clean the house y all the clothes without you even saying anything like before, y it will make you happy y stress free. No girlfriends  because the girls are too young, haha. Hey how is Aaron? He ran into the ocean in his suit? Haha He is such a weirdo.

I hope we can go to the baptism, but will be hard because you will be here only a week y half y there is a lot to see y all is so far like Palenque is 6 hours y Tapachula is 6. I hope we can.

How are dad y the boys? What are they up to?
When does school start? Suckers, haha. But if you think of it I’m only taking one class y the boys are taking 7 ha ha. Still better. Ha.

Hey, all the pics y videos are in. Have fun looking at them.
I’ve got to go mom. Love you. I will mom. Bye. Love you. Have a good week y keep being a good mom. Love you xoxoxo

I know. Say hi the my new brother y all my bros y dad y tell them I love them y cant wait to see them in just 3 weeks. Bye mom. Love you. xoxox


Adios mama. Mucha animo este semana. Soy muy feliz a ver usted en tres semanas. Te amo mama. Amo su hijo, Alex.




















































No comments:

Post a Comment