Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Thursday, November 16, 2017

Dylan: Excited to Work Hard



Hello friends and family!!! 

The MTC is an amazing place! As soon as I walked in the MTC they threw me in a classroom and there was only one other Elder (who I fond out later is my companion, who is awesome by the way! He's from Idaho Falls and is going to the same mission as me.) and the teacher started going off to us in Russian right away for 3 hours. I was waiting for someone else to walk in the class but apparently we are the only missionaries learning Russian and going to Russia. We may not have a clue what the teacher is saying but I think my companion and I have mastered the art of charades! Our District consist of 5 different languages, all Eastern European countries. Every single person in my district is an exceptional missionary; it's very humbling. I'm really excited cause we are all determined to be very obedient and to work hard as it will be much needed in our countries. Our Branch President is awesome!I love Him! He was also the same President for Nathan when he was in the MTC! He and his awesome counselors are very excited about our district that came in. He said that we are the all around the most solid missionaries he has ever had! Every single missionary is amaizing in my district and I'm excited to work hard with them! 

Russian is such a struggle, but I know that if i'm perfectly obedient, love the people, dilligent, and have faith I will catch on soon. Every time I try to speak Russian a spanish phrase comes out haha I had no idea how much spanish I know. 

We have the old classroom but I love the view. And our dorms are down in the basement, but it really makes me appreciate the small amount of sunlight haha we call it the basement! 

So many awesome experinces this week, but I only have an hour. 

Elder VanBuskirk

No comments:

Post a Comment