Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Dylan: Like I've Been Here All My Life



Happy Thanksgiving!!!

I am beyond excited to be here for Thanksgiving! An apostle is coming tomorrow morning, then we are going to do a massive service project!!! This week has been so fun. I already feel like I've been here all my life, and then I have to remind myself it's only been 2 weeks. CRAZY!! 

So Monday one of our British Lads got a bday cake sent to him from his companion’s parents, but he failed to mention to his parents that his companion, Elder Whiticker’s, birthday was on Saturday. So anyways, then one of the Brits came and rounded up eveyone else in the zone Monday night and we started various chants for him, and as missionaries who have been in the MTC for 8 weeks we started going wild (missionary appropriate of course;) and all the Elders in the building heard our loud chants and songs, and rushed down to tell us to turn it down, but when we told them it was his bday they all started jumping in with us. It was hilarious, but it's one of those things where you just have to be there. 

I am amazed at how much my testimony and knowledge has grown in such a short time. In our last devotional one of the seventy talked of the importance of the BOM. I love the BOM so much I wish I could read and ponder it all day! I encourage you all to read the Book of Mormon with sincerity this week and seek for an answer to a question you may have in it.

Elder VanBuskirk















Happy Thanksgiving mom I love you!!! Thanks for your email! Everything is great here. We are going to have an apostle come tomorrow morning for Thanksgiving! The choir here is really fun; our whole zone does it. The older generation, which is all my favorite British people, is leaving this week so I’m sad about that. For P-day the temple closed at 10 today, so we woke up at 4:50 to do our laundry and stuff. I haven’t slept in once, by the way ;) Thank you for the sweets! We ate as much as we could, but to be truthfully honest, I don’t really need any sweets. I can’t eat too much anyways, and we already have a table stacked with food and candy. The British Elders came in our second day singing God Save the Queen and handed us a huge pile as a peace and welcoming offering, hahaha. But this week its warm, but its going to get colder. And I really should have brought a jacket, but ill be fine I think haha.

 So my mission president in Rostov is apparently the best one there is. He’s on top of things and Just really organized. But he is leaving in July. 

 And a simple Swiss army knife and some hair pomade stuff, and a scarf, and maybe a lighter sweater would be nice for Christmas! Tell the family I love them! I feel like I’ve been here forever and it's only been 2 weeks.
Love Elder VanBuskirk

Thanks MOM. I love you. Have fun in SAN Fran!

Oh, and my comp is Elder Patterson from Idaho falls!












No comments:

Post a Comment