Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Dylan: The MTC's First (and Last) Country Concert



Dear Friends and Family,

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I can testify that the MTC is an absolutely astounding place to have Thanksgiving! Our day started off with a devotional by the one and only Elder David A. Bednar! He did a question and answer meeting that was live with all the other MTCs in the world!  (apparently Derek saw me when they showed the choir singing, so we aren't that far from each other after all haha) He had a lot of emphasis on the BOM and it's importance and many other things concerning missionary work. We talked about the last talk the Prophet, Thomas S. Monson, has spoken and how every word he has spoken are choice words for us as it might be his last talk to the world. So I challenge all of you to read or watch his last talk and ponder and find its significance and heed onto what the prophet has counseled to us at this important day and age. 

After the Bednar's talk we did a huge service project and helped make food packages for 100s of thousands of starving children, and that's always fun! Later that night the Nashville Tribute Band came down for a concert and the choir did a few numbers with them. One of the songs was very upbeat (for missionary standards) and the whole crowd stood up and started clapping to the music; it was so funny and fun. The mission president of the MTC wasn't very impressed, and I don't know if we will ever have anything like that again, but I am glad I lived to witness the last MTC country concert haha!  

The oldest group of missionaries left this past Sunday. They were all such excellent missionaries. It's a lot different without our large group very patriotic England missionaries, but we are so excited to get our new missionaries today! There are 10 of them (6 Elders, 4 sisters) and they are all going to Russia, Russian speaking! None of them are going to my mission though. 

I am so grateful to be here and I'm dying to get out there in the field, hold my excitement!! But my Russki is still Plo-ha. So I might have to just wait another 6 weeks. I love you all and you are all in my prayers. 

Love, Elder VanBuskirk


I’m glad you had a great week! And that you finally get to see Nathan I’m so jealous! I love you so much! 

A couple things I wouldn't mind if they ended up in the package ;) : a cheap tie-rack, tide to go pen, some piano music (hymn arrangements, not to difficult, Russian would be cool if you could make that happen haha) an email with the recent short history of Russia, an email of what the Russian Orthodox Church beliefs, some pomade or gel, and some Ensigns with the General conference talks (the last two GC's would be awesome!) I love you and I am keeping you in my prayers!!


And I need pics of my family and freinds, real pictures that I can hold, thank you!









No comments:

Post a Comment