Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Dylan: Saying Goodbye to Superman



Dear family and friends, 

  This week was a wonderful week where I learned many great lessons. The BYU Men's Chorus came Sunday night and gave us a concert! It was so powerful and reminded me of my choir days. The choir in the MTC is just the best! For all future missionaries, if you can sing or not, go join the choir in the MTC! The choir director gives the greatest spiritual thoughts and the spirit is always so strong when we sing.

   One of the presidency of the 70 came and talked on Tuesday about the importance of goal setting and why you always need to remember your "why?" in all that you do so you will be able to reach your goals and purpose. He struck my heart and opened my eyes to the importance of planning. 

   It was Elder McCallister's Birthday on Monday and you already know that we had the most insane Missionary Minion Themed Party (before quiet time of course) you could ever imagine in your most wildest dreams! I love him, he his actually going to serve in the Adriatic California Mission (L.A.) Armenian speaking. I'm very excited for him. 

   So the highlight of my week and one of my most favorite moments of the MTC was saying goodbye to my dear friend Elder Duran (aka Superman). He was serving here in the MTC so I was able to get to know him these past few weeks. We went to his dorm to say good-bye to him last Friday night, and it was very special to my heart and the spirit was so strong as he shared with his wisdom he had learned and his testimony, and shared with us some very moving scriptures, and even sang us a beautiful song. He is a wonderful example to me about always being happy and loving everyone you meet unconditionally. I hope to be half the missionary he is someday.

   I am out of time, but I love you all and will always keep you in my prayers. Never give up your hopes and dreams because that is what makes life worth living! That is how you keep going day after day, always hold on to them.

Love, 
Elder VanBuskirk

I LOVE YOU MOM
Yes, Thank you so much again for the package! That would have been fun to see Nate. If he ever comes to Utah he can come see talk to me for like an hour. I'm so excited see him when I get back to him and we get to talk Russian!! He better not forget because I'm planning on only talking to him in Russian so we can keep it up hahaha! Well I don't miss Derek yet, but the thought of 2 years and then going to different colleges where I will never see him makes really sad. Speaking of Derek, I'm not on his weekly email list!!! I'm glad you and the family had a good week! I can't believe Winder is leaving soon! How is he feeling about it? Everything has been great here; there is so much I want to improve on and change. Tell Nathan President and Sister Clarks says hi and gives them their love; they were asking all about them and can't believe he is already home! A couple thing I need that would be great if you could get them: pictures of the family and friends, Ensigns of the past couple General Conferences, a jump rope, a tie rack, and some more pomade cream for my hair. I love you so much mom, always in my prayers!

Love, your son















No comments:

Post a Comment