Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Friday, December 22, 2017

Dylan: Trying to Speak Russian

Dear Friends and Family,

     So first off, I am transferring to my Russian email next week. I have to switch over so that wonderful Russian Government can watch everything I send and receive from out of the country, so my pictures and stories and things I say on my email will be limited. I also found out I get my own personal lawyer on speed dial, haha! I am so stoked. I can't wait to get there! 

Language Update: So this week in class I was trying to speak the Russian Ordinal numbers and my teacher, who never laughs, laughed so hard for so long that he couldn't stop that he had to leave the room. So that should give you an idea of how well I'm doing. 

Nothing too spectacular happened this week but 3 of my favorite missionaries in my zone left. And apparently another Rostov missionary is coming in tonight, so I'm stoked about that!

I love all and I hope you gain a love for the scriptures and of following the Lord's commandments! 

-Elder VanBuskirk


My beloved brethren in the vineyard looking fresh at the temple before they headed off to St. Petersburg Russia Mission!




Singing hymns at the temple in our language with my zone (which speaks 7 different languages) The tower of Babel is a good comparison on how we sounded.

We threw a Christmas party since the temple was closed on our P-day.

A really good looking drawing some Elder in my district drew ;



Hi mom,
WOW you really out did yourself in that Christmas party! I have the best Mom! That sounded like so much fun! It looked amazing! Awe I'm so proud of Alex I wish I could've been there at his farewell. He has turned into such a great man. That sounds like a great week! Sorry about the trip, that's a bummer. So for Christmas I am calling not Skyping but I think it is still on the computer, its at 12 noon Utah time, and It's only for 30 minutes. So they told me Nathan was coming down?  Awe poor Alex he just needs love. So I think I'm going to transfer over to my Russian email next week, just heads up.     Oh, and  can you send me an email with basic piano theory and how to read basic piano and stuff so I can print it off I and  give it to an elder in my zone, I'm teaching him how to play hymns. And also if you haven't sent that last package yet can you send me a bunch of .38 pens they don't have them in Russia and I need the small ink, some white flash cards that I can fit in my scriptures and one of those little flashcard boxes, I have a study plan thing I want to try out, Thanks! Nothing really happened this week but I love you!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment