Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Monday, September 24, 2018

Derek: Captain's log ? : Kicked Out of the Zoo





So this week was super good. First off I got to go on exchanges with one of my really good friends in the mission named Elder Slaughter. He was in the MTC with me. Anyways, that was super fun and we worked hard.

Also we had a zone conference this week too. It was good, but nothing super exciting happened. Then on Saturday we had a service project at the zoo here. Well it got cancelled last minute so the missionaries and I just raked the leaves up until the kicked us out. We also had he zoo's chimpanze, Maria, throw rocks and wood at us. Super cool.

Then that night we had a baptism. Her name is Sara but everyone calls her Shakira. Don't ask way. She is 13 years old and lives with here member cousins. Her mom lives out of town and is always at work so she sent her here so she wont be at home alone. But her mom comes down every weekend and we have really gotten to know her. She even went to the baptism and to church yesterday too. Anyway, we first thought that maybe her baptism wasn't really going to work out because before she moved she was taking this class on Sundays to become a nurse and her mom wanted her to finish taking it. But we found out last minute that they could actually change the class to Saturdays so she can go to church and take the sacrament. This was great because we were asking for a while if they could do it a different day and they looked around but apparently until now they were all on Sundays. Just an example of the Lord’s hand in the work. 

Also I found out a while ago that this husband and wife who were my investigators that I found got baptized in my first area about 4 months after I left. So that’s super cool.

Elder VanBuskirk

Im so jealous of Johan and Elder Bassett looks good.



























No comments:

Post a Comment