Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Monday, October 1, 2018

Dylan: Settling In

Hello Boys and Girls,

-Dropped off Elder Williams at the train station to send him home.

- Helped the Jaussi's (new senior couple) settle into Volgograd.

- My new companion Elder Hays showed up and we got him settled in. He's grew up in Utah but lived in Alaska for a year so he claims he's from Alaska. He is 2 transfers ahead of me and is truly a speciman. He thought he was district leader when he came in, and President later confirmed that I was again, so he was pretty weird and upset about that. I realized that this will probably be my hardest time with a companion, but I haven't had any problems with companians yet, and I'm sure we can build a good relationship.

One of the sisters had to go home unexpectedly so we had to help them move out. We went to their apartment late at night to carry all of their luggage to the train station, and when we got them on the train, we walked all the way to our apartment and right when we got to the door we realized they didn't give us back their keys and that their train left in less than 10 minutes. So we dropped everything and sprinted back through the center of town at 11 at night and sprinted to the train faster than I ever had before, we got the keys and the train left seconds after we got it.
-         
This week has been an interesting one with getting Elder Williams ready to go home, helping Elder Hays get settled in, helping the sisters leave, and mostly helping the Jaussi's settle in. So it's been a fun week and we have seen the Lord's hand many times this week. So this week I was having not a hard time with my new companion, but it took some adjusting to. He wanted to come back to the apartment to eat dinner everyday but I don't like doing that because food can wait, and I am just use to having a snack when I get home at 9 and that's all I need for the day. He insisted that we go back to our apartment to eat some dinner, but I wanted to keep finding, so I would try to talk to people along the way, and he got a little impatient with me. We have a few differences, but I know that my mission presidents have always put me with the person I need to be with, in the place I need to be with. And we tried to find things we had in common and we did and we are doing good now. I'm excited to work with Elder Hays. I have already learned so many things from him; he's a great missionary. And I realized I was not being fair, that we are allowed to eat and if he wants to eat we can eat. So it's been great to see how the Lord has it all in his hands and knows what are who is best for me.

My last night with Elder Williams on the way home that night, he stopped a guy walking by and we was very kind, we talked with him and he even came to game night later that week and brought 2 of his friends, so I'm sure Elder Williams will be happy to hear how well that went.
 

Sorry, got to go,
Elder VanBuskirk



I Love you DAD! He is the best! I appreciate all that he does for me and I pray for him every night and morning.

Caleb! That is awesome! You are a stud, but don't get cocky, try to be humble with how good you are with friends and everyone else, besides dad and me, I always knew that if you are really good at something you never need to brag about yourself because other people will do it for you and they will know that you are really good. Make sure you work as a team too; you can only go so far by yourself. My senior year team was all pretty new to the game, and I knew that we couldn't win CIF with just Derek and I alone, so I would work really hard with my teammates. I would show them everything I knew and gave them advice and tricks and help teach them what they did right and wrong, and then I would try to trust them during games. And when we were able to work together, then we were able to win. So work the hardest in the pool, but do everything you can to help your teammates and push them and encourage them. Great job at your wrestling tournament! I can't wait to wrestle you when I get back even if you are 50 lbs fatter than me ;) and I don't care how good you got I'm not going to give you an easy fight! I love you. Make sure you spend time with Luke, it's important that you grow a strong relationship with him. And thanks for emailing me. 

SHADOW SHADOW SHADOW!!!!!

 Love you mom! Have a great week!





No comments:

Post a Comment