Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Monday, August 6, 2018

Derek: Captain’s Log Week 39: Churros y Dios



So This week was definitely  better than last week.  So last week we accidently found our way to some less actives’ homes and started talking. We shared a short message and invited her to church on Sunday, but didn’t think much of it.  Then that Sunday she came to church with her nonmember husband and kids. And it was so cool because after the first hour of church he went out and took a picture with his family in front of the church sign, even though it was the first time inside a Mormon church in his life. That doesn’t happen! So we taught him a few lessons this week but his wife said she can’t go on Sunday because she had to go out of town so we thought that he wouldn’t go.  But we were wrong. He showed up with his three little kids without his wife.  So now we know that he is really into it. I also found out that some girl that was in the MTC with me is from my branch and that the mom of that same family that we are working with is her sister. Coincidence? I think not.  We are now teaching three different people from that area and I think we can get some good success.


We also had a baptism this week for a kid named Luis. It was super good except we had some difficulties. And so we had to keep changing the time from 6pm to 3pm then back to 6.  So the membores didn't like that. But he got baptized. I also went on exchanges with the MTC kids, which is cool because it helped me realize how good my Spanish was. Because I had to teach all of lesson 1 and 2 by myself, and he kind of just said a half-Spanish prayer.


No comments:

Post a Comment