Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Thursday, October 9, 2014

A Challenge

This is my name tag.
Well, another Thursday and another round of emails from our missionary.  Best hour of the week!

Here is a compilation of the emails:


Hi mom and family,

 I did initatories this morning then got my hair cut. Then I did the laundry, now I’m emailing.  I got to go and finish laundry.  Talk to you in a little while. Love you and miss you a ton.

These are pictures are from my room and my name tag in Spanish. I know you like stuff like that mom.  I just sent you a letter today for the boys. I got my new camera yesterday I love it so much. Thanks!  You should be getting a package with my temple clothes and camera supplies.

I experience the gift of tongues by working hard. A couple of days ago we were teaching Adrien and he had some questions. My companion didn't know the answer but I did. It happened a few more times during the lesson. Afterwards my companion was so happy and surprised about what just happened. He said hard work does pay off!

We heard a talk on Tuesday from a guy who works at mission headquarters and he said you are part of the most missionaries the church has ever seen. He said there is 88,034 missionaries today.  How about that? On Sunday we had another talk and he told us to tell our family to be missionaries back at home by opening your mouth and tell everybody you see that you are LDS. So I'm changeling you.

Conference was great.  I stayed awake and I learned a lot more than I would at home.

Oh and my new address is unit #351. Sorry I keep forgetting to tell you.

My teacher says she can see a growth in my Spanish since day one. In lessons now I'm speaking half the time. I'm doing a lot better. It is hard but I'm working through it. It is very hard to have a 3 hour classes 3 times a day.

Is there anything else you want to talk about? We probably can't see the Meet the Mormons movie. No one said anything about it.

I watched the movie The Restoration. I cried about 4 times during it and 30 minutes afterwards. The movie is about Jose Smith. You’ve seen it before.

I write in my journal every night.  Grandma V. gave me a cool one that says CALLED TO SERVE.

I pray for you all the time. Yesterday was my best day! I got 3 packages: my camera, sweet rolls and the package from grandma. I was so surprised.

On my last week here I’m going to buy some prepaid phone cards they only cost 5 dollars so I can talk to you on the phone.

I got to go. My hour is up. Bye love you keep on sending Dear Elders and packages. Say bye and hi and love to all. Talk to you next week. Adios!!!

Awesome, huh?  I love that he said "Jose Smith."  That is a good sign that he is really getting immersed in the language.
And here is one he sent to his dad:

Hi dad,

I'm great.  I'm learning the language so good. I'm doing better everyday.  I love you and miss you.  I'm sorry but I will email you next week. My hour is done. I have so many friends here.I'm speaking more in the lessons.  Not been homesick yet. Bye. Love you very much. Give everyone my love.

This is my bro named Elder Olson

This is just some of the people from my district and the assistant of our branch president.

So there you have it. I'm laving the PJs. Please note the address change to unit #351.

We have all be challenged by our missionary to open our mouths and tell everyone who we are!  I already gave him our word that we would, so now we have to.  So lets get out there and share what we have with everyone we know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment