Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Teach the Commandments




This picture is me with my companion Elder Lyons in our room at West Campus.


Got a series of early morning emails today! Sound like he is busy and happy, and maybe even getting a taste of reality. I love that kid!


Hi Mom,

The MTC is nothing I expected. It is class all day. But everyday I’m understanding more what the teacher says. You are always overwhelmed here because someday you’ve got to teach 2 to 3 investigators, class, personal time and companion study. We are always busy here from the minute you wake up until you go to bed. I’m very excited to be here it is just very hard and a lot of work.

Hey mom I need 1 to 2 pair of white socks, one XL working out shorts because we work out everyday and I only have two. My thing that is holding my ID is breaking so I need a new one soon. Here at the MTC I cant have gum so can you send me mints, Listerine strips, mint life savors. What is the word about my memory book? That is everything I need thanks. Everyone one in my district including the Hermanas says thank you so much for the sweet rolls, they loved them. Even my teacher Hermana Iroiz says thank you.

Oh I forgot to tell you I'm emailing you early because in a hour or two I'm going to the Mexican Consulate.

There is a program here called TRC. It is like a real situation. So they print you off a paragraph or so about your investigator. It says he is having a hard time with the Word of Wisdom and chasity. So me and my companion wanted to teach him the commandments so we planned a good lesson where I have some parts and my companion has some. My companion is a lot better with speaking Spanish then I am. So we got in there we can tell he was not a member he was wearing short shorts with no garment line. The investigator’s name was Adrian. So we got in there it went well for a while but while my companion was taking to him I was looking at Adrian and he started to look at his phone and watch. I was thinking something bad was about to happen. then all the sudden he told us to stop. So we stop talking. And he says "all you missionaries just teach me the commandments never the doctrine". Then we said we will next time. Then he said "get out we are done here come back when you want to teach me doctrine". Me and my companion were really scared. Just a hour later we had a devotional from Brother Schwitzer and he talked about the commandments. Right when he said "I want to talk to you about the commandments" me and my companion started to laugh and said "it is a sign from God". This happened on Tuesday night.

I want to go to Mexico so bad I’m just worried my Spanish will be bad. But everyday I’m learning more. What me and my companion started to do was read The Book of Mormon together in Spanish for 30 min to a hour it is helping a lot for the both of us.

How’s is everything going back at home? I love you all and miss you guys a lot.

Looks you do need me. It is raining most of the time and it is getting cold. I love it.

Love you all. It will be great if I get all of that thanks.

Love, Elder VanBuskirk




This is my companion our first morning at west campus.



This is Elder Wright and my district leader Elder Relitz



No comments:

Post a Comment