Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Thursday, October 16, 2014

It's Coming Along!


At the temple this morning.

 Hi family and friends.

 I miss all of you so very much. I got your package this morning. Thanks. Can you send me an envelope for all my letters? Can you also send me a Plan of Salvation chart in Spanish? I have one in English but not Spanish. Oh, and you need to send my bedding to Mexico now.  Thanks. Love you. Did you get my letter saying i need my church socks? If not, you will any day. By the way, did Grandma Signs get my letter yet?  It is going to make you and her laugh.

It is going great. We only taught Adrian 3 more times. With our last lesson with him we told him to read 3 Nephi chapter 11. He said he read it but he didn't pray about it. That made us a little mad. He has a Mormon girlfriend and she is coming to the next lesson tomorrow. My Spanish is coming along.  I’m understanding a lot but still can't really speak it. My teacher says I’m doing a great job.

One thing that is easy is feeling the spirit here. It is so strong here. I can't wait to go to Mexico.  I’m scared and happy. Tomorrow I will be getting my travel plans, I can't wait. I'm just worried about the language. My testimony has grown a ton here at the MTC. The only people I got close to and are good friends are the people in my district. They are Elder Evans, Elder Lyons, Elder Calmes, Elder Relitz, Elder Wright, and we have some hermanas named Willson, Messanger, Cook is going on my mission and hermana Roundaho.


I have not taken a picture yet on the big map but I will don't worry.

I just sent Dad a email. I learned how to say the baptism invitation and in my next lesson I’m going to say it to Adrian. 

Oh by the way I’m going to be a new missionary host next week on Wednesday! I can't wait.

 I haven’t seen Shabelly or Andrew yet. I will call you on October 27.  I can't wait.

Call dad.  I just sent him a email saying hi and I love him.

Hot Tamales and Abazaba bars with taffy and peanut butter, oh and Good and Plenty is awesome.  Surprise me!  You are good at that.  Love you so much.

 Besides that I can’t wait to call home. So when grandma gets my letter she will call you.  It will make you laugh

Oh, by the way, someone stole my CTR ring. I was at lunch. It went on the floor during lunch. We tried to look for it.  They clean the floor every night but no sign. So they said someone took it. I'm very sorry. Its fine, I just can't believe it’s gone.

They are just putting the Christmas lights up but they won’t be on until November. I am pretty sad about that.

‪I am going to buy a prepaid phone card for 5 dollars next week so I can call you guys.‬
Tell everyone I miss them and I love them. So far I didn’t get home sick.  That’s good. They keep you too busy here to think about your family. Its a little chilly in the morning but I am fine, thanks.

Adios love you all talk to you next week about my travel plans.  I can't wait. Be safe. Love you and miss you a ton. You take care. I’m praying for you all the time, mom, for your calling. Love you and miss you. Adios.
Adios all.
Elder VanBuskirk



On the bus going to the Mexican consulate last week.





 No, I don't always wear my pajamas.  Just at bed time.  This is Elder Filmore.




 This guy hugging me is Elder Engeraman


No comments:

Post a Comment