Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Saturday, August 22, 2015

I Left Comitan Very Good




Well today is my 11 months y I’m in a new area. I’m now in Tuxtla Airport area y my companion is Elder Estrada. He is from Guatemala y he has almost one year on his mission.

Well I left Comitan very good for Elder Merrill y his new companion. We have 4 investigators con baptism dates. Carlos Flores, who on Tuesday we were walking right in front of his house y he walked right out y so we contacted him y he invited us in.  He said he was ready to get baptized 4 years ago but he had to move y he couldn’t find the church so we put a date for 5 September y he visited church yesterday also. We are so so happy.

Then Pablo y Ester are new investigators who we visit the last Sunday y they visited church also y they liked it. Their date to get baptized is on the 19th of September y David has a dater for the 29th of this month. We are trying to work on his mom to give us permission. So we had 4 in church yesterday y 4 with dates.


Iguanas at Chiflon



 On Thursday we went with the president y like 46 missionaries  to visit Chiflon waterfall.  It was hot y beautiful y I saw Elder Mena y Laural, my companions, again.


Then on Saturday we had a talent show where members did different acts.  It was so cool y everybody loved it.  We even had less actives y investigators there.





Well yesterday I said bye to a lot of members y a lot gave me candy y gave me luck. I left Comitan at 10 y got here at 2. It was a long bus ride y Antonio gave us a ride to the bus station. I’m sad that I’m no more in Comitan. I loved the members y the area y the weather. But now I’m on a new adventure.

 Love you all y thanks for total. 
Elder VanBuskirk!!!!!!!


Hi Mom. Sorry it is so late. I got exchanged to Tuxtla. My new area is Tuxtla Airport. I love you. It is about 10 min away from the temple and mission home, but it is hot.  I’m sweating like crazy here. It is a little sad. My new companion has the same time out as I do y I’m still the little (junior) companion. Still I’m bit sad about that.  He thinks I don’t understand anything so he repeats everything, but he is good. But our house is dirty y smelly y not beautiful like the one in Comitan. But it is the mission, so it is fine. I know it is just hard to change areas.

Can you send me just some ties so I can give them to my companions when they leave or when I do? That is it. Love you.

Thanks Mom. Love you. I’m happy you found the snake. Hey can you print off my recent letters y some photos y send it in the post office to Joy y write I love her y miss her y pray for her?  Thanks.

I’ve got to go. I love you. Say hi to all!
Thanks Mom for everything.




Saying goodbye to Elder Merrill

No comments:

Post a Comment