Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Monday, August 24, 2015

I Can See the Temple Everyday!




Well, hi everybody. This was my first week here in the Airport area of Tuxtla.  It is where the old airport was. Well, it is big with a lot more houses y people y cars y a lot of hills again.  This area is very very big y beautiful.



 My companion is Elder Estrada.  He is from Guatmala y today is his birthday.  He is 25.  He has been here in this area for only one transfer so like me he doesn’t know a lot but we are working through it. Everybody who gives us food always gives us some type of dessert. That is what I like here. ha ha ha.

Well yesterday we had 3 investigators in church. One is Roberto who a few weeks ago fell down some stairs y broke his arm.  He already visited the church once before and we gave him a date for 15 of September to get baptized.  He is a very good investigator and his son is a member so he helps us with his dad. Then there is Roscio who has no money to get divorced and to get married because it is a lot of money. Well the members don’t really help us here but the mission leader y the bishop are very good y want to help us. Well yesterday also we had 180 people in the church. So we have a lot of investigators but they are not progressing. But this week we are going to work with the members on that.

Love you all y thanks for everything.
Love Elder vanBuskirk
ADIOSS!!!!!!!!

Hi mom. I don’t know what you should say to the ward. Say what you want. I just say hi to all!

Well it is great here. Very big y very hot. It rains every afternoon It was a hard exchange for me but I’m getting used to it.  My comp is good. He still tells me what to do, but we are working great together in the lessons y everything.  The ward is big. We are having ward conference next week y yesterday we had 180 people in church for the first time in a long time.  The only problem the members don’t help us in the work, but our bishop is good y our leader missional too. I can see the temple everyday, so that is a blessing.


 If you didn’t send my package I need 1 or two backs of a tie pin. 
So when is school for the boys?  Love you Mom

I got to go. I love you. Say hi to all for me. Give all my love on Sunday. Thanks for everything mom.
 I know the gospel is true and the work is worth it. Love you mom so so much. Thanks. xoxoxo
Love you

















Just as Alex was enameling I got a sweet email from his last companion that Alex just loved:

I hope I got the email right. This is Elder Merrill, Elder VanBuskirk's last companion. He got transferred last week, so he's not with me anymore. But I just wanted to say I had a great time with your son. He's had some hard companions, but he just keeps going and he's ALWAYS so happy and loving. He's had some hard times with self confidence, but I tried to help him feel loved. He has some amazing gifts, and I hope he realizes that. I just wanted to thank you for raising a great son. It was a great time, and I learned a lot from him. He has a great spirit about him, and wow, when he gives blessings it comes directly from heaven :)
So thank you. Hopefully he's doing well now. 
I hope he keeps up the good work. He'll get to go to the temple 1 time each transfer so that'll be nice :) 

With love,
Elder Merrill


This is our whole mission when we met with Elder Oaks y when you zoom my head is down y I’m next to Elder Lyons near the back right. Lyons is the first one in the row then there is me with my head down so you can’t see me.  ha ha I don’t know why.






No comments:

Post a Comment