Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Monday, February 19, 2018

Derek: Captin's Log Week 15: intercambio

ok, i’m going to make this quick because i was halfway done writing this email and it just got deleted. and it won’t let me use capitals.

so as of now i have been on 8 exchanges. that’s one for every week i have in the field. and that’s not good because i’m not supposed to go exchanges unless its with the district leader. and i like to serve in my area. i also think my comp wants to just get rid of me. for example, i am currently on a trio right now and i’ve been on exchanges since early friday morning until this tuesday afternoon so my comp can go watch a soccer game with the zone leaders. that’s 4 days. and he doesn't even know who is playing in the game. i already had plans for p-day but he completely threw that out the window. i guess i’ll just use the advice he always gives me every time i beg to go contacting," just wait 4 more weeks".

ok, sorry for venting there. well 3 of the baptisms we had for this week backed out. one says she has classes every saturday and sunday for a little while, but its been a month and she has no clue when it ends, so my comp thinks she is lying. her friend refuses to get baptized or even go to church if her friend dosen’t go. and her mom just doesn’t go to church. but we should still have 2 baptisms this saturday. we have 3 more for the 10th of march. i feel really good about as well as some new ones that may work out later as well. but as for this 3 its pretty much whenever they get their act together. this is our second time moving their date.

other things that happened this week: i learned braille, learned how to solve a rubik’s cube, had my first real bucket shower, contacted for my 2nd time ever, showed off my zipper tie, and finished alma in my spanish book of mormon.

sorry for just venting the whole time, i just dont really have an outlet. but don't worry i’m actually pretty tranquilo.

Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I havebeen called of him to declare his word among his people, that theymight have everlasting life. (2 Nephi 5: 13)

no pics this week. i’m in a third world country, sorry.


dang, my younger bros are studs. i love your pics mom, congrats.

No comments:

Post a Comment