Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Monday, February 19, 2018

Dylan: Horrible and Sacrilegious




привет,

So today has been a wild day because we had to drop off my Russian companion and we were helping a babushka all morning so it is currently 8pm over here. 




Destroying all church materials: This week we had the task of getting rid of every church book in the church building. We feel horrible and sacrilegious, honestly, as we have to get every book, and pamphlet, and handout, and tear off their covers and pages and in pieces. We have to destroy everything except we can keep Liahonas within 2 months, and the Book of Mormons, and missionary lesson pamphlets as long as they all have a certain stamp and are signed. But we basically emptied out the church and had to throw it all away and make it so it is destroyed so nobody can use it and we don't get caught and have to pay the fine. It's really, really heartbreaking, and the members were really distraught when the news was given to them about family history. 

We also lost the keys to the church and our apartment this week, so it's somewhere in the snow we think on the other side of area where we lost it. That night we had to go all the way to Center to our landlord to get the keys and didn't get back until very late; I will not state how late it was.

Infested: The living conditions for a lot of Russians is so sad, we helped clear out a I.A. woman and her daughter's one-room apartment so a member can spray it all down with bug spray, and you could just see 100s of cockroaches coming out of the walls, ceilings, and furniture. 

We went ice skating and I can witness that Russians have to be the best ice skaters there are anywhere, I saw tons of little kids 6 or younger doing flawless jumps and spins and so fourth. There were Russian children ice skating before they could walk. 



I have a lot more I want to say but I am out of time. I love you all. 

Elder VanBuskirk

Go Caleb, such a stud!

Wow I remembered when I played at the date festival. Go Luke! Caleb with the weak silver... Gold’s not to bad Luke. Good job bros.

WOWWWW! THAT’S AWESOME MOM! CONGRATS!!!! 2 FIRST PLACES! I LOVE that Christ painting.  I’m so glad it won! I can't believe Caleb's face got first and my flip got HM haha, still awesome, I love your entries





































No comments:

Post a Comment