Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Monday, February 5, 2018

Dylan: Putin is in Rostov!!





Friends, Family, and everyone in between, 



I actually have nothing to say about Putin in Rostov, besides that he is in Rostov. I just needed to get your attention because this has been the most WONDERFUL MIRACULOUS WEEK EVER and we got our FIRST BABTISM!!!!

 Alsooooo, if you are going to email me it has to be my dylan.van.buskirk@latter-daysaints.ru account because I'm not allowed to use my myldsmail one. I hope all of you are doing great, I miss you all!















Tuesday: We went to a babushka's house and she had us sit down to eat as soon as we got there and the whole time she was just bring back more and more food. There was plates filled with tomatoes, cucumbers, bread, eggs, and we each had our own block of cheese! There was a gigantic thing of compote (that we were forced to drink all of), 2 cups of tea for each of us, bowls filled rice and sausages, soup, bakery desert bread and the list goes on and on! And every time we take the smallest bit of food or drink she would go back to the kitchen and get more and fill it back up to the top. I think we ate every crumb in her house, I ate more that day than all of my Thanksgivings combined. This was by far the hardest thing I've ever done on my mission, we all felt so sick, but what kept me going is when I looked up she had 40+ pictures of Jesus covering her room on the shelves and the walls, and the best part was that most of them were just the paper handouts they would give out at chruch. She explained how we were messengers of God so she gave us all she has, and treated us like kings. Anyways, after the endless meal we gave her a healing blessing, and during it a thought came to my mind of the feelings that Christ will feel when he sees this sweet faithful lady again. I was struck so hard with the spirit that tears rushed down my face and I felt so much love for this sweet woman, it was a remarkable feeling.
...And then we headed over to another Babushka's home...

Wednsday: So we dropped off a batch of brownies and a sincere note to the awesome hairdresser lady because we forgot to pay (but I think God had us forget so we had an excuse to give her brownies and this note), we told how we hope she can smile again and a few other things, and she sent us a text later that day (which also means she saved our number the other day!) and told us how she was on the verge of tears. She is so wonderful!

Thursday: We went and visited this wonderful golden investigator single mother and her four children and played games, ate, and taught a lesson about baptism and asked them to be baptized, but she doesn't know yet and will pray about it with her family. But I love that family so much, she has 3 girls and a son all ages 9-14. They are such a miracle and filled with so much joy and love. It's rare to find a family that big in Russia. 

Friday: Soooo that 19 year old I met on the bus and got my first contact from, but who never picked up or answered for almost 2 weeks, but I still had faith that I would find him and prayed desperately everyday that we would see him again - THE LORD  DELIVERED! We went to the game night in center because our lessons fell though, and he was there!!! Some other missionaries invited his friend and he brought his friends, and one of them was this guy! I couldn't believe it when I saw him - we talked with all of his friends and planned to play football (soccer) on Tuesday! The lord is awesome and really does answer prayers! And you can run from the missionaries but you can't hide!

Saturday: OUR FIRST BABTISM!!!! This was a wonderful day! This man has been working with missionaries for 10 -20 years. He his a very humble sweet man. His wife, who was against baptism, died a little less than 2 moths ago, and he threw everything out about the church, but came back and prepared to be baptized within that time. His baptism was very spiritual. He was so happy (even though the picture looks other wise, but that is just what Russians do). After he said his testimony and many new recent converts came and they bore their testimonies and so did he. It was such a sweet experience, especially because of how rare a baptism is in Rostov and how he has changed and been preparing for so long. I am so grateful the missionaries never gave up on him, and I feel extremely blessed to be there for the sweet conclusion. I wish I could show you a picture.

Sunday: He received the Holy Ghost and it was amazing! We had 36 people at church, which is like twice the size we usually get for our small branch! Also I gave my testimony with my very horrible Russian (but it's getting better) and when I finished some of the children in the branch started clapping, it was so funny. 

So this has been an awesome week, my favorite on the mission so far, and I feel things are only going to get better! Also it's been a month now out in the field!

Elder VanBuskirk



 Hello mom! Sorry I don't have time to read you email this week right now, but I willl print at the church and read it later. But I want you to know I love you and think and pray about you everyday. Thanks for the letters; you were right, I guess when you are on the mission you do appreciate it ;)

 Also this awesome family I am teaching with the single mom and 4 kids, she wants to be baptized but she believes it is very important, which it is, and she wants to make sure she really knows and is really ready to be baptized, even though she is more ready than anyone I know, and she feels that the decision is too big for her kids to make at that age. I had a thought that I think if you can send me a short brief testimony of baptism and your experience and for your 6 kids, it could have a good affect on her coming from wonderful mother of 6 and all instead of by a young man. I'll have my Russian companion translate it and write it in Russian for her. Thanks if you are up for it. Love YOU!































No comments:

Post a Comment