Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Derek:Captain's Log Week 16: La cuarta vez es el encanto


"God made you special, and He loves you very much" (VegiTales)

Ok so, I know that's not a scripture, but it’s true. So this week was weird because we didn't do much, but a lot happend. My comp spent the whole week sick so we stayed inside some days, but he toughed it out to do some things that needed to get done. We had a baptism on Saturday, and I got to physically baptize her. I found her a few weeks ago when a friend invited her to church. My comp was out on exchanges for that and the first lesson we had with her. Her name is Elianny and she went to our last baptism and at the first lesson she told us she wanted to be baptized. She is so cool, because she is one of those investigators that will highlight what she reads in the Book of Mormon  even if we didn’t ask. So the baptism was great. We had no water so we had to pay a truck to come and fill the font up and it was super low and cold. So I was super nervous, but I didn’t mess up. She did. I had to do it 4 times because her feet kept coming out of the water. After the 3rd time she just looked so done. Not mad, just done. So that went well.

So other things that happened this week: we got two new fechas and moved all of them to the 17th of March. So the weekend we had planned was the last week of our transfer, and stake conference. So we have to move it to the next week which sucks because we got 6 good fechas for that day and my comp won’t be there. Also as of right now I am super sick. And I’m pretty sure I saw a shrunken head. We were just walking by the freeway during exchanges and one of the elders just sees a shrunken head tied to a tree by a red string. It was super gross. Every one was to afraid to look closer, except me. So I’m like 75% sure it was real. And 100% regret not keeping it. Welcome to the DR.

Yeah so not else much happed.



Zone conference last week




Hey mom. I’m on and I’m sick. I’ve got the double dragon.

I need you opinion. I’m downloading music to play. Do you think Star Wars songs, and songs from musicals I’ve seen, would be mission appropriate?
ok sweet. love u
And I physically baptized someone!  I had to do it 4 times
Oh, and Elder Vigil called me for info about BYU Hawaii; he said he is considering it, which would be great, so I may have found my roommate.
Plus, he would make a great wing man.
I don’t live in a touristy place, so I have no clue what to get you and dad.

Hey I gotta go. Love you all!



No comments:

Post a Comment