Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Thursday, November 22, 2018

Derek:Captain’s Log week 54: Sak ap fet.



"Paske m te resevwa otorite nan men Jezikri, m Batize ou nan non papa a, ak Pitit Gason an, ak Sentespri a. Amen." (D and C 20:73)

 So this week was super great. We spent the whole week trying to finish lessons and do interviews for our baptisms. Then on Saturday we had 3 baptisms. They were of Jimmy, Esaia, and Eclesiastes. So all three are Haitian speakers who know a broad spectrum of Creol, English and Spanish. So it was really cool because on Saturday I got to do the baptism of all 3 of them. With some practice I learned and recited the baptisimal prayer in Creol, which was a really cool experience. These 3 guys are super cool because all day yesterday at church they were constantly just saying how happy they were to be a part of the church and are always talking about the spirit they feel when they are there. 

So as I write this we currently don't know our transfers, which is tomorrow. So in other words, I don't know if I’m leaving yet and if I am, I will have about half a day to say goodbye to all my members and investigators and pack as well.  So other than that, not much has happened this week.  So yeah.


 A pile of trash



A river of trash



Me looking like trask (JK I look great in this suit but you can’t tell because the mirror is dirty)


I'm doing great! But we have transfers tomorrow and they still haven’t told us if I’m leaving yet.
Yeah, I already gave a half goodbye to most the members.
We might celebrate Thanksgiving. It depends on my next area. I may do something with the missionaries.



Gotta go. Love you!















No comments:

Post a Comment