Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Thursday, November 22, 2018

Dylan: Walls Can’t Hold Back the Work


 Good day my fellow comrades, 

Well I'll just get right into it. Every week I feel like they come up with some new restriction; this time it's a big one. 



-They are taking down MLS in Russia in 2 weeks, so we will have no way to keep all any documents saved or do tithing, etc. We also have to get these papers out to every member within those two weeks and they have to fill it all out, and if they don't do it and turn it in, then we have to take out their records... So you can imagine there are a lot of inactives and they do not want to sign all these documents, and even the more active ones it's a struggle. So we've been with the branch presidents trying to help them put everything on MLS before then. We just found out yesterday.

-Also apparently they are going to make it where you can't keep any records of Russians, so this means that even if the members go to Ukraine and then go on Family Search to fill in their temple work they won't be able to do it there or anywhere. So we will see more about that later, and how that will all go down. As in the words of one of a member in the district presidency here, "Satan really doesn't want the church to be here in Russia."

-On Monday we had to go through the branch again and take out all Liahonas older than 2 months and a ton of other materials and shred them, and make all the BOMs and put stickers on all other materials we have. It took all day, and it broke my heart when some members walked in and they were shocked  because they made it the volunteers’ responsibilities and not the members so they didn't understand why we were doing it and got all mad and so forth.

- I had my first full week with my trainee and I think he got the real experience of a Russian mission, because we went finding all day and it was FREEZING and we stacked up our schedule with potentials to meet with and all of them did a no-show! Besides this one guy last night whom I found as a random number on the phone, because our phone has tons of contacts from all the people we've found since we've been here and before, but no one ever picks up or meets with us. So I decided to clear out the phone this week and called and went through way over 200 people, and just got wrecked over the phone! It was so funny. However out of all those contacts I told my companion toward the end that this I had faith in this contact having no idea who she was and she actually picked up and then said that she would go to our service project at the church that night, and she actually came! And our only meeting this week was another guy who I just found on the phone who wanted to meet with us! 

-We went to church in one of the far branches, and for Sunday school the teacher was trying to teach about some crazy false doctrine about the creation. It was just his idea but he was teaching everyone as if it was doctrine. And then everyone started to argue and bible bash and it was getting real ugly; it is something else to see Russians going off in an argument. Well, we had them cut the lesson short. 

I know some of you think that that probably doesn't seem like a good week, but I feel that it was. I believe that even though all these problems and obstacles are coming for the Russian people that it only means that God has something big planned for them. I don't know how much longer they and we are going to have to wander in the wilderness and how much worse it will and could get, but I know that there are miracles coming, big ones, lots of them, and God is only testing these people and us and our faith. And that some day, hopefully sooner than later, His work and blessings will slam open! The worse it gets, the closer I feel it is. So we must do all that we can until then.

Elder VanBuskirk


Wow, how many missionaries do we have from our stake right now? I think from Volgograd to where we live it’s like 12 hours difference, so I think I’m the furthest!

What in the world? That new volleyball court is crazy!




No comments:

Post a Comment