Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Monday, November 5, 2018

Dylan: Trio Life


 YELLLOWWW! It's been a week, I've been in a trio with the other Elder but my trainee should come this week, and I'll pick him up at Zone Conference in Saratov! I'll just hit the points because I know you only look at the pics and I can't download pics here.

-Sisters came in this week (from Germany and New Zealand) so they are young on the mission and whitewashing and ready to kill it! 

- We moved all their stuff that we stored in our apartment from the old sisters’ apartment to their new one, and we would carry loads over to their place all day. But the first load I was carrying a bag of church videos and books and these cops and military officers were sitting on a bench and right as I passed them, the bag broke and all these DVDs and books with Christ and temples and so fourth spilled all over the road! The cops didn't seem to notice much, which was a miracle because it was right in front of them. It was sooo funny. 

-We met the coolest 2 guys from Syria and they were just the nicest people I've met, and when they asked if we knew anything about Syria the only thing that could pop in my head was that America just bombed them up and because of that we had to stay in our apartments all day, but I managed to go with out telling them that. I feel like I've met someone from almost every country from the middle east so far, and they have all been the nicest people. 

- We cleaned the branch because we got there late and realized no one cleaned it yet. Then as we are finishing this guy and his wife come, and are first mad that we cleaned for them. But I have never seen them in my life! They must be way inactive members who don't want us to know about them because I kept asking for the guy’s name, but he would change the conversation and wouldn't give it to me, probably so we won't track them down. 

-We went over an hour to a branch and they had 4 members there, it was a great meeting though, I really love these people; their faith is so humbling. It's crazy how much they are pumping up the temple in Russia! They want it so badly, and the leaders are doing all they can, but there are so many less actives who aren't pulling the weight.

-I meet this guy on the street and he sang for me in English "I'm a dwarf and I'm digging a hole" song. Also we met the nicest guy on the bus that I swear I've seen him before. Crazy how the Lord puts you in the right place right time.

-We went on a find grind with an Elder who was here for the day (he's German and just finished training). It was way fun, and got him on that finding high! 

Well I can't believe my year mark is on Thursday. This will be a crazy week!

Much Love,
 Elder VanBuskirk




Hi mom.  I love your roast. My comp thought that last one was funny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment