Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Dylan: Confidence in the Work



Ladies and Gentlemen

This week has been insane!!! I'll give you some highlights! 

-Went on some bus finding to random parts of he city and I was standing right in front of a guy that was sitting on a bench and I just felt the need to stand there. Then this guy looked at me and was like “I know you”, and apparently it was the same guy I met in a store like a week ago in totally another part of the city! 

-Went on a midnight train to Saratov 8 hrs. (you know, where that kidnap movie was) and went there for splits with the ZL's and picked my trainee from the smallest most ghetto airport and had the craziest ZC!

-On splits, we went finding and no one wanted to talk to us. I saw a guy across the street walking my direction and I felt I needed to talk to him, and it all happened so fast. I stopped him right when he was passing me, but I didn't have enough time to think of a question or why I was stopping him, and I seemed to forget any Russian I knew. But as I panickingly spoke gibberish his whole gang of 8 came around him all quick, and they didn't look like they were with him. Anyways, ZL Weenig saved the day and asked a question . They looked like a bunch of punks but they actually were really respectful and they wanted to walk with us, so we walked and talked for about 2 hours, and got all of their numbers. 

-Splits again. We are sitting at a food court waiting for a potential to come and this guy looks at us and ask why we are speaking Russian with each other if we weren't from Russia. We told him how we were church volunteers and had a 3 min convo. He then gets up, asks if we will be staying there a bit, and leaves. He comes back 20 min later and drops 3 Provaslavnic Charm necklaces with Mary and baby Jesus on it on our table and says “best of luck to you” and leaves. We were shocked. All he knew was that we were church volunteers and he bought us all together over $30 from the jewelry store!

-Zone conference was something else. Our zone right now is incredible; everyone here in diligent and obedient, and I feel blessed to be part of such a powerful group of volunteers.

-I had my interview with President on my year mark and he let me know the pressure of training Elder Grover. He said that he was the only elder who came in this transfer and we won't have any others coming in for a while. He said that we have a whole mission full of elders who could train, and that I wasn't the most convenient option to have me train, and he doesn't know why he wants me, but that  my named popped up in his head. I really felt the pressure then. But I'm excited. Elder Grover is going to do great things.

-We went on Elder Grover’s first finding grind and he stepped in the flooded street and a drunk guy followed us so you can say it was a success! 

-We rushed back to Volgograd and had a talent show! We did a skit where the volunteers got ready for the day, so we had our comps sit in a chair and we would sit behind them with our arms as their arms and we were blind folded. So you better guess that I shoved that whole banana down my comp’s throat and slapped that shaving cream on him. 

-Church was insanely good! In the Russian meeting, the branch President just had us have a special meeting on hymns and different people came up and talked about the favorite hymn and why, and then we would all sing the 1st verse. There was also a temple fireside and WOW! So they all went on a temple trip to Ukraine for the past 2 weeks. These people's faith is amazing they are the pioneers of Russia, I wish you could all hear their testimonies and the things they go through. They want this temple so bad, and if the rest Russia would want it as much as the leaders in Volgograd do, I have no doubt that the Lord would just drop a temple from the heavens this instant on Russia.

9 For in that day, for my sake shall the Father work a work, which shall be a great and a marvelous work among them; and there shall be among them those who will not believe it, although a man shall declare it unto them.
10 But behold, the life of my servant shall be in my hand; therefore they shall not hurt him, although he shall be marred because of them. Yet I will heal him, for I will show unto them that my wisdom is greater than the cunning of the devil.

I love this scripture! This really is a great and marvelous work we are doing! I feel the excitement of the work in my soul and it makes me want to work harder and just proclaim it to everyone! I find myself in a strange state: we have absolutely no investigators because we gave any we had to the sisters, and it is getting cold and dark, and I feel like any  person with the right state of mind would be discouraged at the current status, but I feel far from that. I feel so good and confident about the work, and feel that it is all in the Lord's hands and he has some great miracles coming our way! I feel like as it gets colder and the work gets harder it makes me want to rise up against it even more. It's crazy to me because I don't feel any confidence in myself, because I learned that I can't do any of this work by myself, that I am to weak. But I feel so good about it and confident and I know that it is confidence in the Lord because His wisdom is greater than all! I just love my mission, even though it's seems as though we are just wandering through the woods (the Russian woods), but I feel so strongly that the Lord has his hand in it, and we will see some marvelous works and wonders, and that makes me want to work so hard and gives me strength not of my own!

Elder VanBuskirk



This is your favorite son.  No way!  So he made varsity in wrestling!!  That’s awesome! He can learn a lot form Troy. Does Troy remember me? He’s going to do so good!  That’s a hard weight class!  I only weigh 165 right now.  I’m going to try to pack on that muscle through so I can wrestle Caleb when I get back!

It was supposed to be, but they are changing a transfer from 6 to 3 weeks so we can be on the same time with the other missions. so I don't know if I'll be later are earlier. I hope later!

That’s cool. Thanks mom. You are a sweetheart.  I love you so much. Less than a year and I’ll be home and you will have the whole family together!





No comments:

Post a Comment