Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Monday, February 18, 2019

Derek: Captain's Log: Sweet Dance Moves


KloK Wawawa.

Ok now that I finished that formal introduction I will begin my weekly email. So I had a pretty good week and let me tell you why. On Friday we were at the church to do Christen's baptismal interview and I ran into one of my favorite members here and she said she had good news. She told us that from now on we would be able to skype and call home everyday. She showed us the article in Mormon newsroom, and we found out she was wrong. We can't skype home every day, which makes sense, but we can every P-Day which is still super great. As soon as I heard, I called my boy Elder Terral to let him know the good news. At first he didn't believe me, because he thought it was too good to be true. But though the phone I played the video of Uchtdorf explaining it, because we all know that Uchtdorf could never tell a lie. Any ways I bought a web cam today so let's see how this goes. 

So the baptismal interview went well, but the baptism was kinda funny, and the confirmation didn't even happen. So let me explain. The baptism went well and after I completed the ordinance we went to change back into our clothes and Christen finished and told me that he had to go somewhere right then. So I told him to go back in the other room so they can close with a prayer and he can get out of there. Then about 5 minutes later he came back in and told me he told them he had to go and then he said good bye and left. So I get back in the room a minute latter and everyone looks at me and asked where Christen was. I told them that he left thinking that they already new that. Anyway we found out that he just talked to the Bishop who wasn't even in the baptism, but was just in his office. But we just laughed it off and closed with a prayer. So that was all right. But then yesterday he didn't show up to church. We passed by his house before church and he said he would shower and get over there. But then, over an hour later, sacrament meeting was over and he never showed up. So he will have to wait until next week to get the Holy Ghost. So that kinda sucked, but whatever. 

Also Elder Jex, our new district leader, got super sick and he is currently in the hospital right now. We believe it's dengue, which really sucks. And Last monday my comp and I went and bought fabric to make a suit to wear coming home off the plane. It's a really nice blue color with pineapples on the inside, and once it's made it should look super nice. And the primary kids are practicing a dance to do for the 27th of this month, their independence day, and so I taught them a bunch of classic authentic American dance moves. Such as, but not limited to: Whip, Nana, Quan, Sprinkler, and the Scuba Diver. It was funny and I think there is a video somewhere.

And the best for last. apparently this Saturday  Elder Soares will be coming to visit us.

 And sorry pics aren’t working


No comments:

Post a Comment