Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Monday, February 25, 2019

Derek: Captain’s Log: Another Special Witness of Jesus Christ



I saw my fourth prophet in the mission already. That's insane!!! So Saturday morning we work up, went out for the morning to contact and went straight from the to Little Ceasar's and got some burgers. Anyway there was like ten missionaries there and it was a blast. But then we headed out and got our shoes shined by some kids in the streets before we made it to the church. When we got there we got to talk to the other missionaries there. The whole east and west missions where there, which was cool and I got to catch up with the boys. But the best part was definitely when Elder Soares of the 12 came. We first heard from the 2 other members of the Seventy and their wives. It was really great. Then Elder Soares spoke. He really brought the spirit into the room. He started by expressing his love and that of the other Twelve and the first presidency for us the missionaries. He continued by talking about how men are that they might have joy. He explained that God loves us and that we are here on the Earth that we may be happy and become more like our Heavenly Father. And as missionaries our goal is to bring the "Good News" of the gospel to every one of His children. And sure it's an important work, but also God wants us to have fun while we do it.

He then invited us to ask questions. I had one but I thought, "well, it's a good question but it's not that important. I'll just do some more studying and try to figure that out later so other people can get their important questions answered." So I thought like that, but it seemed that there wasn't a lot of other people with the same idea. Every question that was asked could have been answered in one of 2 different ways: 1) Ask the Lord though prayer, or ) Read Preach My Gospel. And they spent a while answering every question and they didn't have much time so they only answered like 4. But don't you fret or frown because though I have been studying this question for a bit and have taken it to the Lord more then once, that night while explaining the question to a member I received an answer as I understood the scripture much differently than ever before. So, though some "other" questions didn't allow time for an apostle to answer my own, I know the Lord remembered me and let His Spirit answer my question anyway, which was super cool. But of course the answering of that question opened a bunch of other questions that now need me to find the answer. Anyway Elder Soares then ended that activity with his testimony of the divinity of Jesus of Nazareth and His divine role as Creator, Redeemer, Savior, and Christ. It was amazing to hear that testimony from someone literally called to be a special witness of Jesus Christ. 

So that was the highlight of the week, but the downside was that while playing volleyball for a second, I totally headbutted this kid so hard on accident. He turned out just fine, but man, I had so much blood pouring out of my nose, it was comical. No one could find napkins or anything to stop the bleeding, so I kinda just sat there in the grass and bled out for a while. A lot came out but it wasn't a dangers amount or anything just kind funny. After a few minutes some guy selling empanadas from door to door came up and gave me one free napkin to stop the bleeding. So yeah. Also yesterday at church we received 6 references that all have a good chance of accepting the gospel and being baptized within Christ's Church. I also received my Christmas package was was really great but now Christmas is over. But I think I'll save the decorations and put them up for April 6, the real Birthday of our Savior.  



That’s exactly what happened with the elder that died.  I’ll be careful. Love you.

I’m doing amazing! I made pancakes and spent some time on the roof.

Also, I got my package.

What was the repentance joke? 
And congrats for doing so well at the fair.

Well, I love it. I gotta go, bye.  Love you.
BTW this computer isn’t working w/ my photos.



No comments:

Post a Comment