Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

They Call Me Vazquez


In our aprons after washing a member's dishes
So tomorrow is 6 months on my mission. That’s crazy!  Actually, I have less than one year y a half left because I will come home in August. It’s a rule not to email at a member’s home, so I’m in the cyber - an internet café.


Well, I’m fine, but my backs of my legs hurt from all the hills y hills y all the walking. We don’t have a big map. We have a google map, but it is no good because we don’t really know where our area starts or ends.

So our investigators are: first Jorge -  He is ready to be baptized but has a family problem, but we are planning to baptize him this Saturday the 21st. Then there is William.  He didn’t visit church yet, but we are still teaching him y he has a personal problem. Then there is Elias. He knows the Book of Mormon y the Church is true, but has no time for church y has a family problems. Then Tonita - her parents are less actives but they want her to join the church y her parents are starting to come back. Then there is Celicio. His wife is a less active y her parents, but they also are coming back to church. We gave him a date for baptism on April 11, but he didn’t visit church yesterday.  Y there is Gina.  She is waiting for her divorce to finish then get married to Lember, a member, y they have two girls.

Well every morning I take a bucket shower because our water is super cold. We use an electric heater for a nice hot bucket shower. Y we pay someone 50 pesos to clean our clothes. My clothes were never this clean before on my mission. My Spanish is getting better everyday because I’m reading the Book of Mormon out loud while having a pencil in my mouth y we are doing a lot of practicing. The pencil is in my mouth because we Americans use our tongue a lot, but in Spanish, no.  So it helps you not use your tongue a lot.

All my food from the members here. 
My area has pine trees y yucca trees y some wood house y some nice houses y right now it has been raining. The members here tell us if you are ever hungry come to our house y say you are hungry y they will gave us food. Like today the ward missionary leader is going to feed us at 3. 

 Well yesterday we y a lot of members visited a hermana’s uncle who is having trouble with his heart, y we sang himno #3 y we gave him a wonderful blessing, y then we said a prayer to close it. It was so beautiful. The spirit was so strong. Everybody was crying while we were doing it in a small room full of members y the tio’s family who are not members.

So that was my week. Love you all. Thanks for the prayers y love. Adios!!!!!!!

Hi Mom. Love you so much. I got Grandma V.’s package. Tell her thanks so much y tell her I have a Walmart here if she wants to send me a gift card.‬
How is Emmanuel dong with his Eagle? 
Are you guys going to general conference?
Tell Franky to leer “Our Search for Happiness.” It is made for investigator’s questions.  Tell Grandma I love her y happy birthday.  Tell Caleb y Luke good job on their track meet y I love them . Tell Nate good job on getting his license.  How is he doing with his mission papers?


The board says “Welcome Elder VanBuskirk” but it is spelled like how they spell it y say it here in Mexico. They call me Vazquez because they can’t say VanBuskirk and they think it sounds like my name.  Yah, I know.  Hahaha.  Well, in Coita a hermana called me the green guy from Monster’s Inc., his last name –yah, Mike Wazowski. At least Vazquez is closer. haha

GraciasaqueÉlvive #BecauseofHim‬ - This is a new Easter video from the Church that is coming out soon.

‪I’ve got to go. I hope I answered all your questions. I pray for you all the time. Thanks for total. Tell all my bros I love them y miss them. I love you a ton. Have a good week. Tell Dad I said hi y I pray for him y his work. Good bye all‬!


Raspberry water. We get a lot of it here.






Taking a break in the street.



No comments:

Post a Comment