Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Monday, March 2, 2015

An Apostle of God and a Surprise Transfer!




 Well, I’m leaving tomorrow to my new area called Balun Canan in Comitan y my companion is Elder Mena. I was so surprised but, oh well. It is 3 to 4 hours away. Garcia is my zone leader y its is cold there but I was so surprised!‬  I’m very sad because I will miss Jose Maria's wedding and baptism and some other baptisms that are coming up. They called me in the morning y said my new area y my comp y they will call me tonight with more info about travel.  I didn’t say goodbye to any one but I will today.

 All I know about the area is Comitán is cold.‬

We had a meeting with Dallin H. Oaks this week. We took a picture with all the missionaries in Chiapas. I saw Garcia y Lyons. Then we shook his hand y Elder Walker's, a 70. Then Elder Oaks told to us that 800 to 1500 missionaries get assigned each week on Thursday y Friday y before each session they pray y fast, then the assignments go to the first presidency to pray y fast if it is correct but they rarely change it. Y he said he helped pick some missionaries here but he hasn’t visited Tuxtla before. He told all the gringos you don’t finish your mission until you get married because a lot of you think afterwards you can have fun, but I say unto you, you are only a half of a man, but to be a man you need to get married, then you finish your mission. He also said the most important thing to teach your investigators y members y everybody is the sacrament.  He said he read a study where they asked new converts why they join the church y 10% said we saw the missionaries in the streets y the looked different then any other church. Then he said that is why we have the missionaries dress like they do y also that we have a light about us. It was a great talk. He had no talk written, but the spirit told him what to talk to us about y he spoke English. 

Well Jose Maria is going to be married tomorrow y then baptized this Sat. y Andre y Tono will also, but they are still drinking a little bit of coffee in the night. This week we found a lot of new investigators, but only two went to church, Jose Maria y Alexandra.  That was my wonderful week. Love you all.

I don’t have the picture with elder Oaks, but they said they will get it to us.  Sounds like the RS activity Wed. was fun right.  Tell everyone thank you. Today I’m going to Tuxtla to Sam’s Club y maybe the post office.  Don't worry, I will tell all the hermanas thank you from you for feeding me so well.  Isabel just fed us right now.

 Love you. I got to go. Love you. Can’t wait to gave you more info next week. Thanks for everything


Elder Laurel on the phone.


 Here is some info from Wikapedia about Alex' new area.  Sounds nice.:

Comitán (formally: Comitán de Domínguez) is the fourth-largest city in the Mexican state of Chiapas. It is the seat of government of the municipality of the same name.
It is located in the east-central part of Chiapas, near the border with Guatemala at 16.25°N 92.13°W. The municipality has an area of 1,043.30 km² (402.82 sq mi).
into and out of town is planted with flowers and monuments to many of the states of Mexico.
The original name given by the local Maya peoples is Balún Canán ("Nine stars"). It was later changed to Comitán de Domínguez, after Dr. Belisario Domínguez, who gave a memorable speech in Congress against the dictator Victoriano Huerta for which he was murdered.
Comitán is also a popular tourist destination, mostly for Mexican nationals, though some foreign visitors can also be seen. The town itself is one of the most pleasant and pretty in Mexico, with colonial architecture, narrow avenues, and clean streets. The climate is cool most of the year, and can get quite chilly from October to March. The town square is active almost every night, with live music, or some kind of presentation/play (though often they seem to be somewhat evangelical). The main road is lined with flowers and monuments to the states of Mexico.




The missionary meal calendar for the week.  Too bad he won't be eating any of it!
I don't know what this fruit is, but it is good.


This is Alexandra, Layber's cousin




No comments:

Post a Comment