Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Monday, June 15, 2015

Like a Ghost Town




What a week! We had a goal as a zone to do 35 lessons with a member present with an investigator. We did so good everyday until Friday. I don’t know why, but here in our area no people are home or in the streets until Monday again. So every Friday to Sunday we don’t do a lot of work. We do so good before Friday, then so bad. But oh well. This is the mission. It is like a ghost town here. So we did 26 lessons, not 35 but we tried our best with the goal.  


The Monday before we even made a Plan of Salvation poster to teach people in the streets y are investigators. We had Andres y the mission leader y other members with us to help us with the goal. We went with a new member named Rubi to visit Hna. Socuro an investigator y when we first got there they clicked, and they are best friends now! It was such a cool lesson y the spirit was so strong.

We had 3 investigators in church yesterday: Alba who has marriage problems y David who has a date for baptizmo 11 july y Hna. Gina.   Her divorcio answer will come 20 days from now it is very very close. Y we have another baptism date for Jorge, our investigator, who didn’t pass the interview.  So we are re-teaching him y all the time we visit he fells good y he wants to change. We have a date for 4 July.

The people are understanding my Spanish more. In two days I will be here for 9 months! It is crazy but that is it. Thanks for everything. Love Elder VanBuskirk ADIOS!!!!!!



Hi Mom love you. The package was only 52 to 56 dollars. Not bad.  If you want to listen to the CD it was a gift from a old investigator named Linda y she made this CD. It is not good but I thought it was funny. Try all you can with cleaning the bugs of the SD card because they have pictures of the MTC and of Coita on them.

Franky just emaild me!

You are always a great missionary.  That is what the work of a missionary is all about – praying to know what to do, then putting it in the Lord’s hands and patiently waiting.  That is true.  That is what I do everyday.  I think you understand how I feel.

I’ve got to go. I hope Nate gets his call. It has been a long time!  I just wrote to sister Johnson.  I love you a ton y thanks for everything!

Thanks!  Love you. Adios



Beautiful, colorful Comitan:

















No comments:

Post a Comment