Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Thursday, January 7, 2016

Nathan: Heavenly Father Answers Prayers


Two More weeks left in the MTC! I am so excited that I'm so close to leaving! My Russian is not the best, but I am trying my best to speak it all the time and studying. I know the Gift of Tongues is true and that the Lord will help me if i try my hardest! For I know that He called me to Ukraine and he wouldn't send me there if I couldn't learn the language!

I also have a testimony that Heavenly Father answers prayers. I’ve been praying that I may use my talents to help share the gospel and serve others. And to my surprise I received a letter from the MTC Presidency asking me to participate in a 15 person choir, and we are singing for the new presidents of the international MTC's  all around the world, the Directors of the Church History Sites, and for about 6 of the Twelve Apostles next Tuesday and Wednesday! So I am so excited about that and I will be telling you all about that experience next week. So Heavenly Father answers prayers.

Our investigator,Taras, has finally made progress!! We were prompted by the spirit that instead of teaching him a lesson we would ask him how he was progressing. And he astounded me! Before he was having a hard time reading the scriptures,  praying, keeping the word of wisdom, and chastity. So when we were asking him he had been keeping the commandments fully and he wanted to be baptised!   I know that was the work of the Lord leading him and watching over him so if any of you need help go to the Lord and he will undoubtedly help you!

So this week has also had some great parts! My favorite cousin Kimberly get married this week in the Redlands Temple to her husband for time and all eternity! I love her so much and I am so proud of her. She is by far one of the nicest people I know! Also I just found out that my Grandfather is cancer free which is a miracle! And it was my other Grandpa’s B-day! So I love to hear great news from home!! Don’t forget to write me about how you are all doing! 

I hope everyone is doing Elder Bednar's challenge about reading the Book of Mormon with a topic in mind! I have and I can see the blessings and wisdom from it already!

Also I get my flight plans this week one step closer to leaving! Love you all. You’re in my prayers and keep living the Gospel of Jesus Christ. 

Love ELDER VANBUSKIRK



Hey Mom, could you send me the lyrics to that song played in the beginning of Nacho Libre that goes like "I am, I am, I think I am I’m Proud I am"? Also, has Derek and Dylan asked Mia to meet with the missionaries?!!!!  

Don't worry Mom, I have like no time haha. Tell KIrby I’m gonna write him a letter, and did Jared go to Mexico MTC? And I’m good. I don’t need anything. Thank you, though. Just prayers :) and I get to call you in a couple of weeks! Oh and those pics are from an investigator we have been talking to - his name is Junichi! He is fantastic! And he wanted to send you some pics!

Just send my emails to Kimberly then, please. 

Well Mom, I love you so very much and I can’t wait to talk to you! I gotta go and if you have time to write a dear elder, please do so! hahaha Thanks love you!

your faithful son!!!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment