Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Monday, January 4, 2016

Nathan: A New Year Challenge

Happy New Years Everybody!!!! I hope you are all enjoying your holiday season! Have you all decided what gift you would give to Christ and Heavenly Father this Christmas season? Just because Christmas is over, you can still think about our Lord's birth and his life and the Atonement. 

My Christmas was pretty great! Early in the Morning, the two Russian speaking Zones came together to sing Russian Christmas Caroling which was a blast! I can feel the spirit which comes from music even though its is sung in a different language. That is the power of music!  Our special guest speaker was Elder Bednar of the Quorum of the Twelve. Instead of a conference-like talk, it was extremely informal. He passed out cell phones and we got to text him a question, and he would answer them. He talked about how since we are LITERALLY children of HEAVENLY PARENTS, God knows us perfectly and that we spent eons of ages with them, so he is aware of who we are and what we can become. Since we have Heavenly Parents we have Agency, since we have Agency we are agents and agents act and are not acted upon. So we must do our part before the Lord will do his instead of waiting for God to guide us.  Elder Bednar encouraged all of us to take a cheap paper back Book Of Mormon, the ones missionaries hand out, then to write a few questions inside regarding any ONE topic. The topics can include: obedience, faith, charity, prayer, hope, baptism, the Holy Ghost or any topic. Then start reading the Book with focusing on that topic only, marking and writing notes about that topic. When your finished reading and highlighting it write a half of a page essay on what you learned then stick in the book. When your completely done, get another cheap Book of Mormon and do it again with another topic or the same topic, and keep them forever. Elder Bednar promised us if we do this, that the Holy Spirit will illuminate you and give you more knowledge then any teacher or man could teach you. I invite you all to do this challenge, I started it; I’m focusing on Obedience. 


Hey Mom!!!

i would like a hand held digital recorder, so I could send you messages of me talking and email!! I’ve got to go. Love ya and put those pics on the blogs tell everyone I love them and Franky.



This picture is a great picture can you guess why??? 
Look at my face. He farted on me!!!
I only got one picture this week- the fart one


No comments:

Post a Comment