Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Monday, March 21, 2016

Alex: What a Trial of Our Faith this Week!!!!!!!


Well first we were planning to have the baptism for our investigator, Karina, on Tuesday, but her x-husband who was so drunk came to the branch president y told him a lot of lies about Karina y he knows what hour she will get baptized y her new phone number y her new address y he wants to do something bad to her. So for safety reasons we changed it for Saturday. Y we only told a handful of people. Well she almost lost her job y her house where a person lets her stay for free because she has 2 kids, but that night we said a prayer with her, blessing her not to lose her work y house. Y guess what? With our faith she didn’t loose it. We were so happy! so on Saturday she got baptized y on Sunday got confirmed. So now she is very happy to have gotten baptized.



Then we visited Manuel y Rosa to see how they are doing in trying to get married. Rosa was very sad because when she was going to Tapachula she fell asleep y left her papers in the van y now she needs to pay whole bunch to get new ones. Y then yesterday we saw Rosa y her kids at church y we asked where is Manuel y they look at us y shook there heads y said he never came home last night because he was drunk again. They were so confused. He wants to get married y baptized, but every 2 to 3 weeks he drinks again. We were so, so sad to hear that.

Well we taught Sister Martha’s son named Carlons on the plan of happiness y he is soo good y smart. We gave him a Book of Mormon y he wants to study all he can about Jose Smith.

Well today is transfers y my comp is leaving. My new comp is named Elder Linez, y for my first time I am a district leader y the senior companion. I’m ready to work hard. Love you all y thanks for all the prayers.

 Love Elder VanBuskirk.
ADIOSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Hi mom.  Well, I told you I had big news and my big news was that we had a baptism! That was it. hahaha.  Love you. How was your week? Did you my something for my comp at Disneyland?

Just kidding.

THE BIG NEWS IS:

The news is Elder Luis is leaving tomorrow y I will be the leader of the district y the senior companion for my first time in my mission!


‪I don’t think I will get my package by Easter because they give us our packages when the zone leaders go to Tuxtla the first Tuesday of the month, but thanks for checking on my package. You are the best. When you get it, please just send the 2 Spanish ones y one red one. The other red one you can just leave there until I get home y don’t let the boys use it. Thanks. You are the best. Love you‬.




Well the parade is just kids are on cars or semis y they go through the town throwing candy.They do it 3 times a week.



I just wanted to wear Minnie ears.


The truck was at a member’s work. He is a mechanic.



The soda is from El Salvador flavor grape.


They were just weird pics this week, haha.


So how is dad y the family? How long does it take to send Nate a package?

Im sorry you can’t chat with him anymore. Every mission is different. You can only pray.  Sounds like everybody is doing great. Love you so.

This is my 5th area. But 2 were in the same city. With this transfer, I have four left, so I think I will be here for 2 more tranfers y then my last area for my last two. That is what I think.

But will you coming here interfere with the exchange student coming?
Well I can visit my two areas in Tuxtla the same day. My area right now from Tuxtla is about 7 hours away y Comitan 4 a 5 hours but a member there wants to take us to waterfalls y things there. I heard Palenque is awesome! A member will take us from Tuxtla a San Cristobal y then we will take a bus to Comitan from there. That will be fun. I can’t wait!

I don’t know anything about my comp. He has more time in the mission than me, but is more lazy so that is why I am senior companion. I will get him tomorrow y I’m over 2 elders y my companion.

Elder Luis leaves in November. I will give him all your love y he says he loves you. I will be able to give it to him. Don’t worry. Elder LuisJuan says hi y gives you his love. Bye. Love you.


Thanks. I got to go. Is there anything you want to tell me? 
Where can I read about his resurrection? Thanks Mom. I will do that. Have a wonderful Easter. Give everybody my love y wish them Happy Easter. Thanks Mom. You are the best. Love you.
Have a good week. Give all my love. Adiossss
‪love you bye‬
kisss xoxo








No comments:

Post a Comment