Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

New Comp, New Area, New State and a Whole lot of Mangos!


Well this was my first week in Tapana, in the state of Oaxaca. It is hot, but dry hot like at home. I don’t sweat a lot like in cd. Hidalgo, but I do have this big thirst for water, always. I love it here. It is like at my house - a desert y hot y it dosen’t rain a lot. 



Well, my comp is named Elder Canales. He is from Durango. We both love each other so much. We have no problems y because he is new in the mission I’m helping know more about the mission, like contacting y teaching people. It is great. 





Well our house here is huge.  We just use the first floor to sleep y study. I use the upstairs bathroom. Well, we wash our clothes in the backyard by hand y let me tell you, it is a lot of work! I’m happy I can use a washer y dryer in 4 months.





Well the church is a house of prayer, only 20 to 30 go each week. I did the 2 prayers of the sacrament y taught the classes. There where only two teenagers yesterday. Well, our branch president is named Lopez y he is great. He is really helping us out a lot y I like him.  




Everybody else there are working harvesting mangos because right now is the time for them. So it is hard to visit people because they are always working. But wow, there is so many types of mangos here, like banana y pineapple y a lot more y they are all good. There is only one big store here y that is it. I’m glad I’m finishing here to be ready when I go home in 4 months.


 I was so happy to talk to my mom for a little bit yesterday. Mom love you so y Happy Mother’s Day. You are the best. Well, please pray for us. ADIOSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love Alex or Elder VanBuskirk




Hi Mom. I’m on. Hey the town is called Tapanateepc, Oaxaca
They just say Tapana.
I love you, yes I’ll call tomorrow. So how are you?  Don’t be sad about Franky. You did talk to me.  Love you. So you got all my things in the package, but I can’t wait to see you tomorrow. Thanks. I just love you guys y I wanted to send a surprise package.

Hey do you have the pic of Timothy’s wife?

 Wow how cool that Grandma and Grandpa are on vacation. When does grandma get back?

Okay so what is new?

We live in the outskirts.  That is why I’m happy I’m finishing here. Because it is like home.

My comp is awesome we work so good together y he always says thanks for the things that I teach him. We have no problems. All is fine.

Tell Nathan he should just love his comp y look for little service he can do for him.

So I don’t have a lot of time. Is there anything else you want to know? Well, I will pray for Dylan to do good this week. Okay. Love you. Say hi to the boys y give them my love y prayers. xoxox I will talk to you tomorrow at 6 your time okay?

Love you, bye xoxox






Moving on!


Elder Lainez gave me the tie y he bought it up there
in the mountains where the natives live.

Picked up by my new comp
Made it to my new home!








My new area - dry heat and unpaved roads










The balloons was a branch activity of a sister who is leaving
today on her mission to Mexico City.




Ready to Skype!




No comments:

Post a Comment