Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Monday, May 30, 2016

Put Your Shoulder to the Wheel


Well, on Monday we did a family home evening with a member y her sister who is less active. We watched a video about the temple. They both loved it y they want to go to the temple.

Yesterday in church we had two investigators. They are family of a active member. They have 9 year old girl y 11 year old boy. The problem is that their parents let them go to church with their uncle, but cant get baptized. But we are planning on visiting them this week.

We have a great investigator named Visadora but she cant go to church until the mango season ends, because here in Tapana from March til July everybody works for the mangos y after that they say the town will just die y everybody will be home y not work hard until next year. Well she wants to change y go to church y feels good when we teach, but she said sorry, I cant now because it is mango season. Well we taught her about the word of wisdom y she said I didn’t know coffee was bad. She said she will try her best not to drink more. So please pray for her y her family.

 Well on Tuesday I had my district meeting y I was thinking very hard on what I can teach. So I had this great idea to teach the story of the 10 virgins, but do the 10 elders. We read the story y I talked about what we can do to fill our oil to be ready for the people who will be ready by God. When I finished everybody loved it y asked where I heard it before y I said no, I came up with it. So that is cool. I love being a district leader.

Well, we are working hard even if we don’t have anybody to teach y our numbers are very low. We gave Angel another chance last week so we taught him a game I got from my Easter package y loved it. But he didn’t go to church yesterday, so we are dropping him this week. After that we have no one to teach. But we are not giving up. We are going to work like the song “Put Your Shoulder to the Wheel.”

Love you all y thanks for the prayers y love.
Love alex or elder vanbuskirk
ADIOSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Hi mom. Love you.

Hey, I talked to my president of the mission y he said after I go to the airport to get you guys, I can just stay there at the hotel with you guys if you want y then on Wednesday after the temple, we can go y explore my areas. How about that? Okay, because president said Dad can be my comp if you want.


How was your hike? Sounds great. There is no school today? when does school start again?

Hawwaii again? Wow two years in a row. No wait, that was two years ago.
so how are you? I hope you are not getting sick. That is not good.

I’m good but the internet is not so good here, but I’m fine. I don’t have a lot of time left.

I’m sorry you feel sick. How is dad y the boys? How many weeks after you sent the Easter package did you send the other one? o Hey, did Dad like his shirt?  Hey can you send the pic of Luke with the shirt again?



 I took it in the river of Tapana.



Remember the flour game we did in the Lomas?

Well I’ve got to go. Love you so! Have a great week. I sure will. Give everyone my love too. Thanks mom. Love you xoxox

See you soon! Love you!







No comments:

Post a Comment