Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Monday, May 21, 2018

Derek: Captain´s log Week 28: Milagros





"And if there were miracles wrought then, why has God ceased to be a God of miracles and yet be an unchangeable Being? And behold, I say unto you he changeth not; if so he would cease to be God; and he ceaseth not to be God, and is a God of miracles." (Mormon 9:19)

So a lot of meetings, and exchanges. First off, this week we had 2 zone conferences, a future trainer meeting(I’ll get to that), and a stake conference.  I also went on 3 exchanges.

So the zone meetings where really good. This time they where done one zone at a time, so we were a lot more involved. We talked a lot about the Spirit, faith, the Book of Mormon. And the senior couple had a great talk on miracles. They said as missionaries we seem to not notice the miracles that happen because we see them every day. They gave stories of things that happened this past month, such as the marriage and baptisms of our investigators, and other stories. And now looking back at it I realize that and many other small things that I missed ARE miracles.

I also went to a future training meeting, with 4 other elders there from the zones next to mine. The president said that there is a good chance that we will be training. I believe it’s about a 50% chance. Now I am so ready to train a Latin comp, but it would be hard to train a gringo. But my zone leader, who I live with, say that they think I could. It would really force me to learn Spanish. I was also the youngest non-Spanish speaker who might train this transfer, so.... But we'll see. It might not even happen. 


Also I have been on 3 exchanges this week, with a Columbian, my zone leader, and one of the APs. I learned a lot from them. And I got permission to have the beach baptism! We will have it the next Thursday and I’m super excited.









No comments:

Post a Comment