Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Dylan: 6 Months on My Mission



Hello Friends and Family,

Tomorrow marks 6 months on my mission, which is insane because I feel like I just got here. It's been a crazy week, so I will be quick. We've been helping build a house and we also went in a banya (a russian sauna) and got wacked in the chest and back by this dried branch thing while we were an hour or so out of the city with some inactives. It was quite the experience and that's all I'm going to say on here.

We had District Conference on Saturday and Sunday and it was in the Imax theater (but not like the Imax theater you are thinking of). A general authority came and talked to the members (Elder Golden from South Africa) and he also talked to the volunteers Saturday night. It was a pretty crazy meeting. After one of our lessons there were Gypsies outside our church wanting to come in, but our inactive members we are meeting with are very superstitious and scared them away. Apparently there are a lot of gypsies here you just don't notice them until you look. I also saw another person carrying a monkey with clothes on as he came out of the bathroom stall, haha. That's 3 different times now!

We got 2 baptismal dates this week and we are seeing many miracles, and people’s hearts who have been so hardened, have softened up. Our investigators that we've been working on since I got here are almost ripe for the picking, but it makes me think that this is probably my last week here in Severny, and as soon as I leave there will be a lot of awesome miracles happening next transfer. But I will be excited for a new change to push me if I leave.

pics:



1.We got those bikes ;)



2.A Russian snake

3.Our zone (I'm pretty sure Districts are bigger than my zone)


4.a rouge volunteer


5.A Russian squirrel


6.First day of school (undercover volunteer)


7.Building Russian homes for the children

Elder VanBuskirk

What will work best for you? I can email 4,5,7,8pm Moscow time, one of those times, so let me know. And look at the videos and pics in your dropbox, okay? That will be great! Love you


I love your dress! Alex is so cute






















No comments:

Post a Comment