Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Monday, June 4, 2018

Derek: Captain's Log Week 30: Baptismo a la Playa






"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: "(Matthew 28:19) 

Ok so this week was insane... We got 3 baptisms at the beach, transfer calls, and half of my birthday.

So the baptism went great, we got there super early, sang Soy un Hijo De Dios, had a prayer, then did the baptisms, said a closing prayer, and we left while the ward had a cook out. Would have stayed but we were lucky to even be there. Pics below.

Transfer calls came in. So they are doing it differently now. They called us on Saturday and said who is leaving. For example, my comp is leaving (wooo). Then tomorrow we will have to go to one of the chapels in the Capitale where we will be told: who is training, who our new comps will be, and who are the new zone leaders and district leaders. Then we leave straight from there to our new area. But I’m staying. I’m just excited that I’ll be able to see my friends on my birthday. And I don’t know for sure but I’ll find out if I’m training tomorrow.

I am really excited for this transfer, to be honest. Our zone had the most baptisms this month, more than every other zone. And my comp and I had a third of them (not to brag or anything). So I’m am super excited to see what this transfer brings. We have a lot of references that I think could be baptized within this month. For example, the zone has a goal that every companionship has at least two baptisms in June, so my zone leader invited us to fast yesterday that God would put someone in our way that could be baptized this month. So half way though the fast I’m sitting in gospel principles and the same zone leader told me that he just found out that some lady in our ward who lives 30 mins. by car away from the church has been bringing her nephew who wants to be baptized. It’s a miracle because this kid has gone to church 7 times already. Coincidence? I think not. I’m also planning on working super duper hard and baptizing a lot, so we'll see.

Ok so not in order but, vids are of my bday zone activity thing that was also for the b day of one of the sisters

baptism pics



and pics of me being scared of ducks that some kids drew<( Yes, I told them I’m afraid of ducks)



Tell dad that I said happy birthday, I love him, and I thank him for his example he has had on me.

Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment