Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Monday, June 18, 2018

Dylan: Happy Birthday Mom!


Hello Amigos, 
Happy Birthday Mom!!! I love you so much and being on the mission has made appreciate you even more. I wouldn't be here without you. I can go on and on, but I don't want to get the other missionaries all jealous. I love you and I hope you have a great day!

So this week we have officially gone from four promising baptism dates at a all time high at the beginning of the transfer to no bap dates and no investigators besides Yurie and his wife (God bless you Yurie). It was pretty hard to accept at first because I've been in this area my whole mission with 4 different companions working our hardest building it up, and we've gone in 1 transfer from leading the mission with lessons and baptism dates to being last in the mission with lessons and everything else. So it was a hard week in terms of missionary work; we only had 2 lessons. No one wants to meet with us anymore. And it makes me sad to see a lot of the hard work that we have put in these 6 months didn't get to where we thought or wanted it to. But that is ok, because it's not about us. That is a great lesson that I have learned again and again here on my mission. Well there is not much we can do other than to get back to work. So this is most likely my last week in Severny so I got my companion all excited so we can go our hardest this week and find as many new potentials that they can work with for next transfer. 

After church we had a long talk with Yurie and he was saying his concerns for his family and if he joins the church, and it made this week so sweet because he said that he trusted that God will lead him every step of the way, and how he felt guided by the spirit to tell us all of his concerns. I am amazed by how much this man has changed since I've been on my mission, he has changed from a very difficult person to teach who was depressed and had problems at home to one of the most faithful men in our branch and he isn't even a member. It's when I teach people like him that I know without a doubt that this gospel is true and that it really can change lives and soften hearts. I know that it is all in the God's timing with him and that he knows what's best for his family. 

I also went on splits this week and went to this little town 2 hours out of Rostov and visited a branch of 8 members. There aren't any missionaries there because we don't have enough missionaries. Someone stole the church sign off the branch so it was hard to find because it was only a small room. But it's not that big of a surprise someone stole the sign from Taganrod too and there branch is having a lot of illegal problems right now, so hopefully the members will be able to still meet there. But I met a wonderful member there; they have it so hard here, and they feel all alone. There faith amazes me. 

Oh also our marshrootka driver got out of the bus in the middle of the street and started choking some guy because he cut him off and 4 guys just started fighting in the middle of a busy street. And everyone was just waiting on the bus for them to finish. So we just walked off and carried on with our day. 

Pictures:

180 year old temple



Novacherkask
3rd biggest temple in Russia on splits with the legend Elder Williams


Elder VanBuskirk




















No comments:

Post a Comment