Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Monday, June 25, 2018

Dylan: So the World Cup was Cool…



This week was insane!!! Definitely one of the best weeks on my mission, and not just because we went and saw the World Cup! So shout out to President Miner, Mom, and Dad, for letting me go; seriously a chance of a life time! It was also a great finding activity too;)  That was a crazy experience.  I've never been to a world event and it was so cool to see people from all over the world come together to have a good time. It was the Saudi Arabia vs. Uruguay game and we were sitting next to all of our Saudi brothers going absolutely insane! It was a lot of jolly banter, I wish I could put some of the vids on here but I'll put some of it on my google banter here 

Well besides the World Cup, it was a crazy week and I wish I had time to email more about it, but there are only 2 computers and 9 missionaries so I will be short today. But in short, It was a very hard week last week. Everything fell apart. We literally lost all of our investigators besides Yurie, and this week instead of feeling sorry for ourselves we went to work and God led us to many opportunities this week. I've never been so lead by the spirit before in my life.

We actually found a new investigator and some may say he is crazy just because He was in a mental hospital for a month and other reasons, but he is the coolest guy he came up to us and told us he wanted to change his life around, he is 36 and he want to quit smoking, become independent and find a wife and job. That first day he said he wanted to be baptized and we were like “what?” And we told him what he had to do and he said “well lets do the lessons right now”. So we taught him the restoration, but our lessons our very random because he gets distracted really easy because of his medication so all of a sudden he would need a smoke break or to play ping pong or read the BOM. He is so funny I could talk all day about him. He was practicing his Kung FU in front of the church before we got there, I'm just glad I have some one to back me up on the streets. So he might be crazy, but I also think he is such a sweetheart, I chuffing love the dude, he even progresses so well. He stopped smoking actual cigarettes that day from after 15 years, and he went to church. I love the smell of repentance. And he wants to meet with us like every day. I don't care what any one says, I believe in him.

So the one investigator we still had that the missionaries have been working for a year and a half and I've been working very hard with for a 6months was Yurie and I had my last lesson this week. And He was telling us his concerns, and after he has denied us so many times for a baptism date, I felt prompted to invite him and through the spirit I said the most powerful words I have ever said, and I knew that it was all the spirit, and we asked him to be baptized in 7 weeks time and we all fasted to know what he needs by then and how we will reach him there, and he said yes, he couldn't deny it this time, It was the sweetest experience he has so much faith and I love that man so much I felt honored after all those months to be entrusted with that experience.

We also had our 2nd baptism in our zone since I've been here, the other being the one we baptized my first transfer. And it was awesome there were so many people, I love how supportive the members are here and so many of the other missionaries’ investigators came, so that's awesome! There are so many other awesome stories I wish I had time to share, but this was my last week in Severny and I took some hilarious photos with everyone that I wish I could post. But I love that area and I am so glad that we were able to work hard my last week there and find some work and hope for those elders for next transfer. I'm so excited for this new transfer and for some change. I love you all.

-Elder VanBuskirk



Dang, Caleb has gotten huge! He better be at the olympics in LA! 

Hey mom I love you! Hey, I was thinking about the MRSA thing a lot this week, and I was wondering If you can type and send me like a mini documentary with the details of it, because I remember the pain and experience quite well, but not all the details, thanks, no rush, if you can't it' all good. I love you. But don't be sad about it. We learned a lot from it. I'm glad I had MRSA. I wouldn't want it any other way, especially because I lived ;) hahaha











































No comments:

Post a Comment