Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Monday, June 11, 2018

Dylan: Russia



Family and Friends, 
We tried to go hard this week but somehow we had like the lowest amount of lessons since I've been in Severny, but we did a ton of service. We put tile up on a shower at an in-active’s apartment. It was great because they would never pick up our calls and for the almost 6 months I've been here. I hadn't even met them yet. So we talked with them and they said for sure that they would be at church, but they never came. We also got a hold of the miracle family that disappeared and ignored us for almost 2 transfers that were so close to baptism, and they assured us that she and her children would come to church, but also didn't show up. Also Olya, the only one who was actually seriously progressing and had her baptism date last Saturday was moving back to Moscow and failed to tell us, so she didn't get baptized but we set her up with the sisters in Moscow. Also the other promising babooshka we've been teaching didn't come to church because she thought that she already had enough church since we taught her on Saturday, hahaha. So now none of our baptisms are going to work out this transfer, unless a miracle happens. But that's ok.

President is going to move me next transfer since I've been here for 6 months, but he is only moving me to a different part of the city, because he wants me to go to an elder who has been stuck as an office elder because we had no senior couples so he was in charge of all the financial business in the whole mission (which, in Russia, with all the restrictions and passport stuff we have to do, is quite a stressful job.) But we are getting an office couple next transfer, so he wants me to go and get him energized for the rest of his mission. Next transfer will be a challenge, but we are ready to go hard.

Oh, so yesterday we actually got a hold of 2 potentials I met my 2nd transfer here and we thought we were teaching them a lesson but they thought we were playing ping pong, so we played, and another one of their friends came, we some how got them in the room and we gave them each a BOM so that was awesome! It's only been like 4 months!

It's been a hard week, but hard is good. I've been learning lots of important lessons here, mostly the hard way. But I'm grateful for the struggles.

Elder VanBuskirk












Birthday was great, and no, no birthday package. Not yet! But it's all good. No rush. I got a year and a half ;)

That social media fast is great hahah!
hahahhaha oh Caleb. That's straight from the prophet!
And send me the video of Caleb and his Wisdom Teeth! Love You!


Hey would you be against if I bought tickets for the world cup?? It would be Saudia Arabia vs. Uraguay and it is the cheapest we could get from 100-200 dollars, but it would be a once in a life time oppurtunity!!

No comments:

Post a Comment