Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Monday, March 11, 2019

Derek: Captain’s log week 50: El don le leon



This week has been full of the miracles and gifts of God. We learn in the scriptures that miracles don't ever brake the laws of nature, but are done with a higher celestial law that we as humans can not understand while we are here on this Earth. So, I would like to share a few miracles that happened this week.

The Miracles 30 Minutes Before Church
So yesterday we showed up to church about 30 minutes early, so at about 7:30. As we walk up to the church to unlock it we hear someone yell from across the street
saying, " ¡Bambooski! (me) I came early so that wouldn't miss a thing." I turned around and saw our investigator Ramon on the other side of the street looking as though he has been there for some time. He is an older gent of about 70 years, and we have had been teaching him for about 3 months already and though he has a lot of faith and wanted to be baptized since the first lesson we had with him, he has never until that day walked into one of our church buildings. This is do to the fact that literally every single weekend he he has been in the hospital for diabetes and other reasons or because he has had deaths in the family. But here he was, the first Sunday in which he was able to come to church he showed up before everyone else. He really enjoyed it and has long sense had a testimony in The Book of Mormon, so we will probably be baptizing him not this Saturday but the next. In fact if everything works out well we should be having 4 baptism this Saturday and 2 more that next Saturday, so cross your fingers.

The Tender Mercy of the SD Card
So last week my comp, after leaving the internet center he "misplaced" his SD card for his camera. So we tore up the house that night but quickly came to the conclusion that his SD card holding all his mission pictures was not there. So we started making planes on when we would go to find him a new SD card, because all hope was gone. But Saturday afternoon as all of our lessons fell and we spent the whole day walking in the sun we were called by some guy. "¡Americanos!" hey yelled he quickly showed my comp a picture of him self with our MTC president on his phone. He explained that we must have left it in his store on P-day as we were shopping. My comp was super happy to have all of his mission pictures back with him, and to not have to spend more money on a new card.

The Two Sticks of Gold
Also Saturday as we were walking home from our last lesson when we remembered that we really needed 2 sticks of butter to make syrup for the pancakes we were going to have that next Saturday, but because we were serving our loud all day, by the time we got out of our last lesson all the bigger shops were closed and we had only a little time to find these precious sticks of butter or we would be eating our weekly pancakes with out any source of syrup. But we were walking past a colmado, a Dominican corner store that is just big enough to walk inside and ask the guy at the counter for sugar of a soda or something, anyway while walking by I felt the impression to walk inside. I went straight to the little fridge that was there to cool the sodas and there salami, and as I opened the fridge I saw to my surprise 2 sticks of butter sitting between some salami. Now it is really hard to find real butter in this country especially in a store like this. I feel as my brother Nephi who was blessed for serving The Lord, and though he did not know before hand what he should have done he was blessed for his faith and he obtained the bronze plates. So even though the sticks of butter had the strong scent of cheese I was happy for this tender mercy.

The Gift of the Lion. 
Wednesday we were sitting in this tiny little park thing with like 3 benches as I decided to sit in the shade for a second and make some necessary phone calls. As soon as I finish this guy named Ramon, different Ramon, walks up to us. He is this shorter guy who seemed to be in his early 20s. He where a button up  blue shirt and was holding a stick with a bunch of bags of delicious looking bread for sell. He began to introduce him self as Ramon, the evangelist, apostle, and Prophet. He proceeded to explained in this happy energetic voice that he has prayed and fasted many days to gain special "gifts from God. He said that because of his fasting and prayer The Lord gave him the gift of the lion, to share the word. Then out of nowhere he grabbed his neck in a weird way and proceeded to make Lion noises. And between every growl he would say, in a few octaves lower, a few things relating to The Creator for example, "Only the word of God can save us, *growl, we must live the word of God *growl, we must become the word of God *growl, we must not eat pork*growl." And like that he went on for a minute. I thought to my self this must really be the words of The Lord given to him as a gift and didn't sound at all satanic. So after a minute or two when I could tell the little guy needed a brake I stopped him and said, "Look Ramon, that is super cool. I'm not going to lie, but there are many more gifts out there then you can imagine." Well he seemed to just ignore my sales pitch and just tried to sale us some bread in his happy energetic normal voice. I politely declined because I was fasting in which he replayed by saying," Oh so you're in the battle then." Then just as quick as he came this angle of The Lord was gone to continue to preach the word and sale bread.

So those were the miracles of the week and I hope you all enjoyed them. Anyway this week we got emergence transfers and and most of my friends in this zone got moved to a different one halfway though the transfer and nobody even knows why. And I also had my first interview with the Mission President in the last 6 months. So that was cool.



Hey, real quick, I’m trying to get a suit made, and it will cost like 80 bucks, so I don’t know if I already have that in my account or if I’ll need it. Sorry and thanks love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment