Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year!!!!




Hola family y friends. Sorry for writing to you late. We were painting a house for the member all day from 8 to 2. Our week was good, kind of, because of the Holiday. Nobody was home but we did a lot of walking. 

On Tuesday we had a district meeting on finding people to teach y at the end I got a whole bunch of dear elders y my birthday package from my family.  


Then on Christmas Eve we visited people y went to a member’s house for dinner.  We had pasta y chicken y salsa.  It was all so good. 

 Then Hermana Isabel, our member we stay with, had a party in the backyard until 3 in the morning so me y Garcia had no sleep at all. Then we woke up y we said couple hours until we can talk to our families. We were so happy.




My favorite picture ever!
 So at 11 am here y 9 there I talked to my family. I felt like I was right there. It was a great time talking to them. I miss them so much y love them. 


Then afterwards, Isabel y her family were eating lunch y they invited us. We had jumbo shrimp y shrimp soup y jello y fanta. So that was our Christmas.

 Not a lot of visits but a lot of gifts from people like bags of candy. 


Then on Saturday was Angel’s baptism. It was great y Garcia baptized him. The sad thing was his parents didn’t come because the baby was too sick.  So please pray for him. I also gave Angel a Himno for Christmas. So that was my week love you all y thanks for the support. Y HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!

One thing I like is that I was told that the mission is a small plan of salvation; the closest you can get here on earth. It’s so true. Another thing they told me to do at the MTC is saying a 10 min personal prayer. I try to do it every morning y night. I do all I can in Spanish, then the rest in English. Have Nathan try to do it to prepare for his mission.

I’m glad I bring you joy. I'm glad you had a good Christmas.

We are having a hard time finding new people to teach because our investigators have too many problems. Like Ricardo drinking y is doing bad things to his wife y Omero’s alcohol y Alexandra’s mom doesn’t want y Lupita no permission from mom y Andre y Tono can’t stop drinking coffee. So we are having a real hard time finding people to teach, so we do a lot of walking.

I was so happy to see you! A lot of missionaries cried, even Garcia. But not me. One thing I want to do next time is say a family prayer together I hope I did great for skype.  I  felt I was back at home when I was talking.  It was great. 
I forgot to tell you I did a full conversation with Isabel y afterwards she told Garcia my Spanish is a lot better because before I couldn’t do it.

It is raining here once again.  The weather is so weird. It is hot some days y cold in the night or raining. 
 It is always different.

Tell Kimberly I said hi y I love her y tell everybody there at the funeral the same. Tell people thank you for the money for Christmas.

Why in the pic of everybody opening gifts is Dylan using my blanket? Oh how much I miss that blanket. Tell Dylan to stop using my blanket. Only Nate y Fran can use it.

Tell Derek I will try to get recipes but most of the time they just throw food together.

Is anybody sending me anything I should be aware of? I need more pepto y hand wipes packets y super glue. I always need that here. Mas pepto because its a lifesaver down here for the greengos. I shared it with them y used it when I don’t feel good, then I feel fine. It’s awesome medicine.  I really like the candy apple twizzlers you gave me at the MTC but you know I’m not picky so surprise me.

I’ve got to go. Love you all you miss you a ton y happy new year! I pray for you guys all the time y dad’s work. Thanks for the prayers y tell everybody adios.





The schedule of sisters who feed them.


 This picture came with no caption, but it is self-explanatory.  How on earth can he send all these pictures of candy and  amazing food, and follow it up with a picture of his reduced waistline?  Oh the blessings of being a missionary!

No comments:

Post a Comment