Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Monday, January 26, 2015

Three Comps in One Day


My new comp, Elder Laurel
This week was great. On Tuesday Garcia left to Cometon where he will be a zone leader.  It is about 5 hours away. Well went to the OCC bus station on Tueday. We talked for a bit then took a picture then a hug then he left. 


Saying goodbye to Elder Garcia

My new companion is named Elder Laurel. His last area was Tapachla.  He was there for 8 months. He is the 9th out of 11 kids, 8 boys y 3 girls. He is the only one to serve a mission. He is from Veracruz Mexico.  He speaks hardly any English. But that is good for me. We are working great together on planning our lessons y days y also on teaching lessons. But he is not so obedient. He watches TV at people’s homes y sleeps in y doesn’t exercise y he takes a long time of taking a shower then I don’t have enough time. I am always obedient. But besides that we are great. He is always cold so I let him use my sweater because his other area was hot. Well Garcia never taught me the street names so this week we had a hard time with the taxis.

Well, the people here says my Spanish is a lot better since I got here y it is sounding more like Spanish y they understand me more. I’m so happy I’m progressing in my Spanish. A goal the mission president gave us was to help 3 people a week with family history. We have three baptisms coming up: Ander y Tono y Jose Maria. Well Omero took are challenge of no alcohol for one week y he did it!  We were so proud. We have so many good investigators but none of them visit the church y they say the will. I’m offically not a new missionary, I finished my training.  But now we have a extra 1 hour to teach people in the morning.

Well last week we visited Coita Sema y there was Utah Mormons who were speaking English to me y I couldn’t speak the English words I wanted - I was speaking Spanish.  That is a good sign. I love you all y miss you a ton.  Thanks for all the support y love.

Me and Elder Lyons, my MTC comp.
At the bus station I also saw Elder Lyons. It was great!  He is going to be a district leader in a new area he never visited y he is training a new missionary, so he has a lot of stress. He loved his old area.  It was hot but he was in the jungle. He had to take an 8 hour bus ride.  The night before I talked to my zone leader y he gave the phone to Lyons so I talked to him for 5 min.

I am going to get my Christmas package in two weeks in zone conference.  I love you so much. I wish I can hug you. I pray for everything you tell me y for you y for the family y that dad’s work will be great.  I love you a ton! Thanks mom. You guys are always in my heart. Tell Francisco to read the Book of Mormon everyday y to pray.  Tell everybody I love them y I pray for all of you. Love you a ton mom y thanks again.

Love you. I got to go. Adios!
   

A beautiful sunset here

Isabel, the lady we live with and her family

The branch president's family

No comments:

Post a Comment