Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Alex: A Wonderful Christmas in Mexico




Hi everyone. I hope all of you guys had a wonderful Christmas like I did here in Mexico in my area, Las Lomas. Well first, on Monday, sister Lilly invited us over to her husband’s birthday so that was fun.

Lilly y Tomas for his birthday. 

So this week we didn’t teach a lot of investigators but we did visit Inv. Ivan y we told him that we will pay for half of his wedding so he can get baptized. He was so happy.

We made 150 no-bake cookies for our investigators and members
because we didn't have an oven.

Then we passed out a whole bunch of cookies I made with cards Elder Runyan made for them too. Members were so happy y they all loved the cookies y they all wanted the recipe. So that was our Christmas spirit for people. We felt so good on doing it!


Then on Christmas Eve a member picked us up y we went to the hospital y passed out sandwiches y drinks to people standing outside. That was great. Y then they fed us turkey y they gave us a wallet for our Christmas gift. That family was named Ibanez y they even made us hamburgers yesterday for food. That was great.

Well on Christmas we had a meeting with the mission president y we sang songs y ate with him. Then we went y I talked to my wonderful family. They are all good still weird y loving, just like they used to be ja ja (haha). But it was just awesome to see them. I felt like I was there. I also got a package from my family y from my ward, the Bermuda Dunes ward. Thanks so much for thinking of me y giving prayers in this time of Christmas.

Love you all  y may God be with you even in 2016.

Love Elder VanBuskirk
ADIOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Hi Mom. Love you. How are you? What time is Franky coming? y did you send the package?

Tell grandma I sent her an email so she sent me a card of money y she wants me to look for it right?

Dad is gone, right? What did the boys y you get for Christmas?
 Did you like the call? So did you like your Christmas after all?‬ At least you saw my face and talked to Nate y know Franky is coming‬.  How is your Christmas card coming along? What are your plans when Franky comes? I hope he comes today. Love you. Tell Franky today to write me. My spanish sounds better, huh? But I still have a lot of work to do on it.


Hey, what is in my package? Thanks. Hey throw in some Good y Plentys or beef jerky. Thanks.

Y where did Nate buy that tie for me? I loved it. Because my companion said there is no way you can buy that new tie at a thrift store or garage sale. It looks so new. But I know you can.
I got to go but that will be awesome if you can throw those things in my package. Thanks. Love you.


Thanks mom for everything. Have a great week with Franky y try to get my nuts for the Stevens. ha ha Love you y happy New Year. Say hi to all y give them my love y happy New Year. Bye bye. Love you!  Xoxox



Package from home

The "tree" the BD young women sent




The pink food is tostados of shirmp y beets y other vegatables. 




Less active Gloria gave me the watch.





No comments:

Post a Comment