Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Monday, January 15, 2018

Derek: Captain's Log week 10: Estandarte de la Libertad





19 And when Moroni had said these words, he went forth among the people, waving the rent part of his garment in the air, that all might see the writing which he had written upon the rent part, and crying with a loud voice, saying:
20 Behold, whosoever will maintain this title upon the land, let them come forth in the strength of the Lord, and enter into a covenant that they will maintain their rights, and their religion, that the Lord God may bless them. (Alma 46: 19-20)


So, I have literally just finished paintballing and I haven’t been home yet, so I am a hot, sweaty, mess. I'll get into that but first let’s talk about the work. So we got one new fecha for our noche blanco next Saturday. It's a friend of one of our investigators that went to church last week. She kept asking us questions like, “So, what do I need to wear on the 27th?”, before we even committed her to baptism. We now have 8 fechas for next week. I feel confident that they will all be baptized next week, but my comp says that most likely 5 for sure. But I guess the worst cases scenario is that we move some back a week or two.  But I think if we do our part, it should work out. These numbers are not average or anything here. My comp only has 10 baptisms and he has been out for 17 months.

 So we are getting some good work done which is surprising because my comp doesn’t schedule anything until after 4 o'clock. Or we would go to a member’s house to eat and teach a lesson but instead he would just play pool for 4 hours. Then when I was like “hey are we gonna teach the lesson?” he said “sure, if you want to get it started”, and then started another game of pool. It's stuff like that. Or, since we have a big area, flipping huge, he will refuse to meet with referrals that are outside of walking distance. It's stuff like that.  But what bothers me the most is that with me he is doing so well and, though I’m trying my hardest, I don't speak Spanish. Wich means he is doing most of the teaching and why we have success. So, I know that if he applied himself even more he could do really great things in his last 6 months. So my goal is to show him the potential that he has if he applied himself more while we are together, and hope he keeps that fire even after he leaves my area. 

Ok, now to paint ball. So it was my whole district and the APs and the mission president was there to. So apparently when we asked the president if we could do it he had no clue what it was. So the AP Elder Wolf, (he and I are tight, we even took a road trip together on my first day in the field) talked him into it. The president even called the area authorities and they said no, but if he was there maybe. 
Anyways, it was super fun. We played some regular death match for a bit, then we played some capture the flag. So, earlier I made this super cool Title of Liberty which we  used as the flag. We played two games with it and I was the one to get the flag both times. Because everyone else was too chicken to just make a run for it. Then we played a tournament of comps verses comps. My comp and I destroyed every other team. Then in the last game there was some problems of deciding if my comp got hit first or if one of the guys on the other team did. So we decided to settle it with a one on one game. It was me verses Elder Clarkson, (I went on exchanges with him but not much happened,) and I completely destroyed him. Yeah, I pretty much single-handedly won the capture the flag games and the comp tournament, but no biggie.

The ward also planned a Temple trip the same day as the noche blanco in the morning which is good because we are going to take our investigators to the temple and teach them about it then take them straight to the church building for the noche blanco.

I was also asked to give a talk next week so we'll see how that goes.  I also have mission interviews and a 4 week training meeting this week.


Sorry, I don’t have the cord for my camera so no pics.



No comments:

Post a Comment