Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them;
and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain,
and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Monday, January 8, 2018

Derek: Captain's Log Week 9: Fecha



For behold, this is my work and my glory—to bring topass the immortality and eternal life of man.(Moses 1:39)
So, this week was a really good missionary week. So as of today I've been on my mission for 2 MONTHS. And that feels like a long time, but then I remember I have to do what I've already done 11 more times. Anyways, this week we committed 5 people to baptism. That gives us 7 all together, and we plan to ask one more tomorrow. This means that we should have, hopefully, 8 baptisms at our noche blanca on the 27th. And these investigators were not even being taught until I got there. They are all super cool. We have; 2 sisters who are getting baptized for sure, a mother and a daughter who are really into it and the daughter bought a friend to church, and 3 friends one is a friend of a convert, another is a brother of the same convert and the other is a sister of a different convert. Yesterday we had 12 investigators come to church, which is apparently super crazy. And two of those are new investigators. We also spend a lot of time working with inactives.

The language is coming slow but surely. I am doing my best to study and read the Book of Mormon out loud. I am understanding a lot but I can't talk very much. But it's gonna get there. Today we got to go to this botanical garden in the capital. It was super cool, and I got to wear my crocs. Anyways, I was real cool and I took a lot of pics but my camera is super dumb and I haven't been able to upload anything since I’ve been here. But I just got it working so I’ll show some new pics then some old ones. And next week for P-day our whole district and the AP's and the president are going paintballing. So I'm super excited for that.

So my companion and I all getting along a lot better but we both still have some differences. We are being honest with each other and it's really helping. We are both helping each other with our weaknesses. He is helping me with my Spanish and trying to figure out the mission, and I am helping us become more obedient and helping us have a better work ethic.

So I found a cocoa fruit the other day and kept it and decided to try to make homemade chocolate out of it. It seems complicated and I can’t find a good receipe so this may be a long process. And apparently all the other elders brought Hawaiian shirts except for me, so I really need to go shopping. We also ate at this member’s house and it was super funny because, they have a daughter who has won a few beauty pageants and so they did the thing any average person would do: they put a larger than life-sized portrait of her on the wall. I’m talking BIG. Ceiling to floor and just as long sideways. And its super hard not to stare because its super werid, but I don't think my comp minds. We also made a deal with a member where we give them some money and they feed us lunch every day. It's good homemade food and cheaper then anything else we would eat, so I'm excited. We start that tomorrow. 


Anyways the work is great, the church is true, and God loves you.








No comments:

Post a Comment